The rumour mill

Love how the AFL pages on Facebook saying Pears to St Kilda and Dal Santo to us straight swap.

That's actually not a bad deal for all parties.

That would be a shocker of a deal for us.

And I'm luke warm on Pears.

Love how the AFL pages on Facebook saying Pears to St Kilda and Dal Santo to us straight swap.

Meaning?

Except the fact we can get Dal Santo as a FA annd trade Pears elsewhere.

Meaning?

Meaning Dal Santo is not going to be the difference between a flag or not, and is at the end of his career, whilst Pears (who has development left in him; and who even I'll admit at his best, pre injury, showed signs of being a damn good player) is just starting out. Bad deal.

Meaning?

Meaning Dal Santo is not going to be the difference between a flag or not, and is at the end of his career, whilst Pears (who has development left in him; and who even I'll admit at his best, pre injury, showed signs of being a damn good player) is just starting out. Bad deal.

RvQa7rC.jpg

All comes down to where we think out premiership windows is Boot.

In 3-5 years you could imagine GWS and GC owning it all.

With Jobe and BJ having only 2-3 great years I would suspect our time is now.

So when we have a raft of talls why not sell one for immediate impact?

RvQa7rC.jpg

"No Dal".

Been reported in the paper this morning that St Kilda are hunting Josh Bruce from GWS, and that he wants to go there.

If so, they'll be considerably less likely to want to shell out for Pears - Bruce is a legit key back size and is younger as well.

My sources have told me that we are looking for a forward line next year.

*allegedly

pears has shown very, very little to suggest he can be a solid, regular 22 game player. would be lucky to get a 4th round pick for him. in saying that, he had glimpses this year and I’d rather keep him for ONE more year just incase he comes good than trade him for some kid around pick 60 who will take years to come on

pears has shown very, very little to suggest he can be a solid, regular 22 game player. would be lucky to get a 4th round pick for him. in saying that, he had glimpses this year and I'd rather keep him for ONE more year just incase he comes good than trade him for some kid around pick 60 who will take years to come on

Strongly disagree.

Reckon he'd easily be best 22 at St Kilda, GC, GWS as third tall after Davis and Mohr (and could maybe even replace Mohr).  I'd have him in Carlton's back six.

I'd have him in heaps of teams even on this year's form.

Pears showed glimpses this year that he could get back to what he showed in his debut season. Reckon there was more than one running bounce. He's not elite, but I'm a fan of keeping him around.

pears has shown very, very little to suggest he can be a solid, regular 22 game player. would be lucky to get a 4th round pick for him. in saying that, he had glimpses this year and I'd rather keep him for ONE more year just incase he comes good than trade him for some kid around pick 60 who will take years to come on

Strongly disagree.

Reckon he'd easily be best 22 at St Kilda, GC, GWS as third tall after Davis and Mohr (and could maybe even replace Mohr).  I'd have him in Carlton's back six.

I'd have him in heaps of teams even on this year's form.

If there were pairs of Pears he'd definitely be in heaps of teams.

Pears improved his offensive game this year out of sight. But he was badly beaten in a lot of one-on-one contests, and as a key defender, that is your bread and butter. I would like to hang on to him for another year, but he is a long way from our best 22. St Kilda would be his best chance considering the holes in their list, but he would need to play as a key defender, which is a role he has struggled in. Fisher, Roberton, Gwilt and Gilbert are all capable of playing on the third tall.

With our lack of picks in the first two rounds, I think it is more than likely that we will hang on to players who have shown something but have limited trade value.  

I reckon we will trade into the first two rounds, possibly GWS' first pick, and someone like Belly or Ryder will go.

1. @SidebySidePies @iamtheoracle and strong likelihood Dane Swan traded. Has already been offered to 2 clubs

2. @TonySheahan @SidebySidePies @iamtheoracle geez we can't afford him. I suppose they want a ruckman.

I call Bullshit.

Red Rover is a good tweeter, enjoy read her tweets.

Dane Swan at EFC? WOW

Wasn't this guy who said Evans would step down days before it happened? I think I'm getting excited now.

1. @SidebySidePies @iamtheoracle and strong likelihood Dane Swan traded. Has already been offered to 2 clubs

2. @TonySheahan @SidebySidePies @iamtheoracle geez we can't afford him. I suppose they want a ruckman.

lol