The Sameolds2010 PomCom Thread

The best of British comedy… will kick it off with some IT Crowd…

And a bit of Monty Python

Big Train

The Likely Lads starring James Bolam and Rodney Bewes as Terry and Bob, two young Geordies.

The show was done with over two series- the first when they were in their late teens - Terry’s a wild spirit, Bob wears a suit and is p*ssy whipped by girlfriend, Thelma.

Series ends - probably never to resume, then they decide a new series - Bob’s married Thelma and Terry’s been in and out of the army.

Terry’s out fishing on the pier, Bob bends his ear with a massive tale of woe…Terry’s sympathetic response…I’d give you a beer, but I’ve only got 6.

We’ve seen James Bolam in stuff like When The Boat Comes In, the Beiderbecke Affair, Peak Practice and most recently in New Tricks.

I thought most episodes had disappeared like a lot of Python precursors, Frost Report but there are quite a few on Youtube.

Peep Show
Him and Her

Dinner for one

Awesome stuff cheers AB.
I’m actually obsessed with Alan partridge at the moment. For those of you who haven’t had the pleasure or were too young get into this. It’s almost too perfect. Every time I watch it I see a bit of myself or someone else appear in coogans monster. See below;

Father ted has given me so much pleasure over the years. It’s timeless in its absurdity.

Thread needs more Two Ronnies.
Here’s three of them.

Righto I’ll have a crack at a top five;

1. Partridge
  2. Ted
  3. Blackadder
  4. Stella street (all episodes on YouTube)
  5. The office

Honourable mentions would be too long to process. And please watch Stella street. It’s a largely hidden gem.

■■■■■■ hell - league of gentlemen, fawlty towers, little Britain…I’m just going to keep naming names now… flying circus, red dwarf, spaced, bottom, young ones, alexei sayles stuff, mighty boosch, absolutely fabulous, men behaving badly, vicar of dibley,

Do panel shows count?

Got to love jimmy carr on 8 out of ten cats and frankie Boyle on mock the week

Pete and Dud:
Dudley: What’s the worst job you’ve ever done?
Peter: Pulling lobsters from Jayne Mansfield’s bottom.

Do panel shows count?

No.

I was watching a show called The New Statesman recently. It’s amazing. Criminally underrated.

Thread needs Blackadder

Loved this episode, taking the ■■■■ out of 1984, Clockwork Orange and Watership Down all at once.