The Sameolds2010 PomCom Thread

Anyone mentioned, Sean's Show?

Sorry, can’t find any clips. Remember really liking it. They’ve got full episodes on You Tube. Anyone else remember it?

Best theme song ever.

It’s Seany’s show. La la la la.
It’s Seany’s show. Doo doo doo doo.
Seany’s Seany’s Seany’s Seany’s Seany’s show.
It’s Seany’s Seanys’ Sheany’s show!

(repeat)

Edit: The sock’s probably still wet.

My favourite was Elvis the spider.

Would I lie to you is absolutely brilliant. The host Rob Brydon does the best impression of Michael Caine i have ever heard.

I love Rob Brydon

Fans of Brydon & Coogan (Alan Partridge) should really enjoy “The Trip”.

Go the series version rather than the movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trip_(2010_TV_series)

Also, the follow up series, (again, rather than the film vers.) “The Trip to Italy”.

Both fantastic.

Dinner for one

https://youtube.com/watch?v=b1v4BYV-YvA

Hate to be ‘that guy’ (I really don’t) but Dinner for One is German.

I love Rob Brydon

https://youtu.be/LE5UktH4iYY

Rob brydon, lee mack and david mitchell together are brilliant. They play off each other well.

Lee mack is fantastic as well

I saw The Secret Policemens Ball on stage. At the interval, John Cleese came though the audience with a tray, singing out " Iced albatross, iced albatross anyone ? ".
No Norwegian blue.
Those that weren’t smoking joints were high on the passive fumes.
Made a bomb for Amnesty International.

Gareth merenghies dark place. Bloke who was the it guy off the British office.

That show was off it’s fkn head.

(Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace btw. :wink: )

The IT guy from the I.T Crowd, I think you mean.

The boss from the IT crowd, Douglas.

The guy that found the secret to success was “Womens Slacks” lol.

Nah, sameolds is right, he also played the IT guy on the UK version of the office. He played a compulsive liar that had the Gareth character believing his martial arts prowess. Made mention that Bruce Lee isn’t dead but faked his own death to work undercover for the Hong Kong police. As the Tim character pointed out, “Because if you were gonna send someone undercover to investigate the Triads, you’d probably want the world’s most famous Chinese film star.”

Nah, sameolds is right, he also played the IT guy on the UK version of the office. He played a compulsive liar that had the Gareth character believing his martial arts prowess. Made mention that Bruce Lee isn’t dead but faked his own death to work undercover for the Hong Kong police. As the Tim character pointed out, “Because if you were gonna send someone undercover to investigate the Triads, you’d probably want the world’s most famous Chinese film star.”

Well, I can’t tell them apart. Why do you think anyone could say “oh, that’s Bruce Lee” out of 10,000 Chinese guys.

Just kidding.

Ok. It’s been a while since I watched the Office.

Also, speaking of out there, has anyone seen Nathan Barley? So very wrong and very good as well.

MIKE: Didn’t you get our message? Neil, why didn’t you phone our message?

GUARD: [checking his clipboard] We did get a message, yes…“Beep beep beep, oh no heavy, the coins keep coming out, beep beep beep, even the telephone hates me, beep beep beep, I wish there were no machines, and everyone led a pastoral existence, trees and flowers don’t deliberately cool you out and go beep in your ear.”

NEIL: Yeah, that’s the message, didn’t you get it?

GUARD: Yeah, that was on the twenty-fourth. [Vyv attempts to enter the studio with a pig] Hang on, what’s that?

VYVYAN: It’s my mascot!

GUARD: A pig?

VYVYAN: No!

GUARD: It is.

VYVYAN: It’s not, it’s a ferret. A deformed ferret, I’ll grant you that. So severely deformed in fact that it looks a little bit like a pig.

GUARD: Looks exactly like a pig.

VYVYAN: Yes, well, it certainly has been remarked upon. In fact, just as John Hurt is known as the Elephant Man, Bacon Sandwich here is known as the Pig Ferret.

GUARD: Bacon Sandwich? Funny name for a ferret, isn’t it?

VYVYAN: Ha! And that’s where I had you fooled. Because it’s not a ferret, it’s a pig.

MIKE: Well done, Vyv, you’ve certainly got him there.

RICK: Have you had enough, Nazi, or do you want some more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOhZgAPn_CU

Watched Alan Partridge season 1 last night. Tonight it’s time for some, Fast Show. ‘Nice’.

That Mitchell and Webb Look - the guys from Peep Show - skit show. As with all skit shows it’s a bit hit and miss, but it’s consistently good and often brilliant.