The Sameolds2010 PomCom Thread

Ab Fab.
Bubble.

I know not everyone loves The Young Ones but surely everyone loved Motorhead

https://youtu.be/co9yv2NjyWs

My mum used to claim that she had no sense of humour, but would then sit down with me and watch The Young Ones, and laugh a lot.

Fans of Brydon & Coogan (Alan Partridge) should really enjoy "The Trip".

Go the series version rather than the movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trip_(2010_TV_series)

Also, the follow up series, (again, rather than the film vers.) “The Trip to Italy”.

Both fantastic.

l watched the film version of the Trip to Italy and thought that Brydon was appallingly bad, in particular his impressions. l have no wish to see him in anything else, not ever.

Nah rob brydons pretty good but everyone can do a version of Michael Caine.
Deadset I thought that was all real untill he cheated on his missus with that girl half his age.

Nah rob brydons pretty good but everyone can do a version of Michael Caine. Deadset I thought that was all real untill he cheated on his missus with that girl half his age.

That was the first and only thing l have seen him in. Never again, he wasn’t just bad, he was direbollockal!

I loved both of them - The Trip and Trip to Italy - but the impressions do get a bit tiresome. I liked the TV version of the Trip better than the movie, it was weighted better and more subtle. Before that, Coogan and Brydon were together in another Winterbottom film, an adaption of Tristram Shandy, which is really good.

Nah rob brydons pretty good but everyone can do a version of Michael Caine. Deadset I thought that was all real untill he cheated on his missus with that girl half his age.

That was the first and only thing l have seen him in. Never again, he wasn’t just bad, he was direbollockal!

Get hold of Gavin and Stacey… he plays a part in that and is a very funny show. More your gentle British humour but very well done.
I loved both of them - The Trip and Trip to Italy - but the impressions do get a bit tiresome. I liked the TV version of the Trip better than the movie, it was weighted better and more subtle. Before that, Coogan and Brydon were together in another Winterbottom film, an adaption of Tristram Shandy, which is really good.

I have tried so hard to get into that one but I just can’t get past the kid jamming his doodle in the window.

Get hold of Gavin and Stacey… he plays a part in that and is a very funny show. More your gentle British humour but very well done.
The big bloke in that is funny but now he's gone onto yank telly he's just not the same. He's a good presenter and all but he seems sterile and fake. Pomcoms ■■■■ all over us stuff. With the exception of the early office series and stuff like party down and it's always sunny. 3rd rock from the sun and early Simpsons maybe also.

The big bloke in that is funny but now he's gone onto yank telly he's just not the same. He's a good presenter and all but he seems sterile and fake. Pomcoms ■■■■ all over us stuff. With the exception of the early office series and stuff like party down and it's always sunny. 3rd rock from the sun and early Simpsons maybe also.
Party Down was a brilliant US comedy.

You’ve left out 2 Broke Girls and Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men.

Why?

to the secret shame thread

Righto I'll have a crack at a top five;
  1. Partridge
  2. Ted
  3. Blackadder
  4. Stella street (all episodes on YouTube)
  5. The office

Honourable mentions would be too long to process. And please watch Stella street. It’s a largely hidden gem.

■■■■■■ hell - league of gentlemen, fawlty towers, little Britain…I’m just going to keep naming names now… flying circus, red dwarf, spaced, bottom, young ones, alexei sayles stuff, mighty boosch, absolutely fabulous, men behaving badly, vicar of dibley,

Good list. You left off The Fast show though.

If you like Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace check out Snuff Box and Toast of London.

black books ftw

Watching snuff box atm - what’s toast of London

I have no idea if this link will work, but if it does it will take you to Pete and Dud having A Bit of a Chat. About as good as it gets, IMHO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m9_kTOgjT3E

Watching snuff box atm - what's toast of London

Another Matt Berry project. He plays a middle aged stage actor.

I have no idea if this link will work, but if it does it will take you to Pete and Dud having A Bit of a Chat. About as good as it gets, IMHO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m9_kTOgjT3E

There’s been some Peter Cook stuff pop up recently.

Apparently his wife closed up his Hampstead house whrn he died and only opened it to some interested parties 20 years later.

I’ve picked up a couple of torrents recently.