The squad vs Pies (8 July 2018)

It will be an even more famous victory when we win with Raz out. Lid will reach the moon.

If Raz out, from the emergencies I would be hoping for Long.

But given it is wet and Smith is our best Raz replacement, I would take a fine and bring in Parish to cover the Smith role. Darcy shouldn’t have lost much fitness with a thumb, and he would have a real crack in conditions where touch will be less of an advantage (given he may be lacking this, having been out).

If Raz out we are up against it…no coincidence his return last month or so our form has spiked.

Today is one of those feelings where you begin to trust Essendon, think they can win…then we come out kick 5.10 and get rolled by 7 goals.

Looking better but is still likely to be slippery.

I just checked out the Collingwood forums and many are praying for rain (and Raz out). A few were pointing to their dominant performance again Adelaide in the rain earlier in the year.

From the match report from that game: "The Magpies adapt[ed] better… They kicked long down the line and worked hard when the ball was up for grabs, while the Crows turned the ball over with risky kicks into the corridor."

Gulp…

Sidebottom and Grundy (and Treloar) dominated the stoppages. Stephenson kicked 5.

Yeah reckon so. Might get a light one in the 1st half but that’s about it.

1 Like

You probably couldn’t sum it up any better at all.

Our MCG games this year against traditional rivals have been hugely disappointing.

The Pies will need to have an absolute shocker, but with the wet conditions & 200th game for Sidebottom… doubtful.

FFS you’re pessimistic !

Have a look at that side closely, and tell me we can’t win today (even without Fanta)…

2 Likes

No Murray or Wills for the @vflpies means there’s almost certainly a change for the seniors #vflmagpies

Off twitter.

1 Like

Is Raz a confirmed out? Or has rumor become gospel?

Hoskin-Elliott rumours may be true?

No.

OUR. SEASON. IS. OVER.

2 Likes

Shocked the Pies didn’t pick Murray with conditions forecasted.

Hope he doesn’t come in…unless it Pendles, Sidebottom, De Goey or Grundy out of course!!

1 Like

They have a few stars but what’s been working for them is the discipline they show and their ability to stick to a plan.

At the end of the day, if Grundy has a day out we are ■■■■■■, AA ruckman at the moment

None of the emergency players out to peruse the ground at halftime of the VFLW.

(Only about 12 came out.)

Barrett just mentioned on footy show that fanta is in serious doubt.

Pindick with the “Breaking News” that there’s been a lot of talk around the possibility of Fantz missing …

Well, … yeah, … you’re fkn dweeb counterpart on 7 started it an hour ago.

2 Likes

Is Raz is out long has to come in. Jarrett has had his chances over the years, hasn’t taken them. No more please

6 Likes

The ‘news breaker’.

Even though it’s been discussed online for the last 4 hours.

No, … he didn’t. He said there’s been talk that he is …