The Squad vs the Lions

Is Redman playing forward or back? OR BOTH :open_mouth:

You mean the experience most around here say has been the worst midfield going around foe how long ??

ummmmm yes.

But we are still level with Freo and the Bulldongs AND would have to catch GWS, Hawthorn, Adelaide AND Port (WHO ARE EFFECTIVELY FOUR GAMES AHEAD OF US INCLUDING PERCENTAGE).

If they are picking a side based on making the 8 rather than developing the list then we definitely have the wrong coach… Hopefully he knows something about Mitch Brown, Josh Green and David Myers long term that we don’t, I would love to be wrong but I would all three are cooked with Green the only possible exception.

2 Likes

Our midfield - including last week - has been amongst the best in the comp the last 3 weeks (Bellchambers’ rich vein of ruck tap out form has assisted this).

Zaharakis is a massive loss both in demonstrated output and leadership on the ground.

As someone else pointed out earlier, we win over 50% of the games Myers plays in and something in the low to mid 40% when he doesn’t play i.e. we are 5%-10% more likely to win with Myers in the team than out of the team. On this basis including him is a positive, despite the feelings many have against Myers.

I suspect he - like Hocking & Howlett to a lesser extent - is one of those players that does a lot of unheralded “team” things that help teammates but don’t necessarily show up in stats or seem readily apparent.

Myers inclusion won’t be why we win/lose tomorrow - it will be about how we transition from defence, how many unforced turnovers we do/don’t have and how many easy chances we nail/fluff.

Whilst the season is theoretically alive if we win tomorrow, it won’t be if we don’t.

If we don’t lose then I think it’s time to “retire” Goddard, Baguley & Myers and get as many games as we can into our younger players before the end of the year.

I expect to see a really strong desire to succeed from those 3 tomorrow in particular.

1 Like

Is this a thing?

they’ve lined up on each other twice in the last 5 years.
Martin 27HO to TBC 26 (home game last year, Martin edged it), and rd 8 2015 27HO to Martin (plus 18 disposals, ran away from him around the ground) vs 28 to TBC

he pasted SMcNernan early last year & Leuey in 2016. I think you’re confusing that.

1 Like

We have a feel good side which is United that’s all

They don’t seem to give a ■■■■ about winning a premiership with this side

Thing is, Bags brings pressure, Green brings pressure and goals, Laverde brings a haircut. Give him more games if he starts showing something in the magoos. He hasn’t been delisted, just replaced by someone in better form. He’ll get more chances.

4 Likes

But man, you could use that haircut to rule some serious margins in a school book.

5 Likes

Down down deeper and down…

still very angry squad selection ruined my weekend
hope we lose by 10 goals

Will that make you happy? What if we win by 10 goals, will you be upset?

3 Likes

dude (or dudette) seriously!

1 Like

He wanted 10 Guelfis in the lineup.

Langford, Laverde and Myers

Expect a lot of “WHY THE ■■■■ IS THERE 5 OPPOSITION PLAYERS TO 1 OF OURS” all over the field when their opponents make an effort to run and spread and these 3 just sit there twiddling their dicks.

Laverde didn’t even chase his man vs richmond and you could see him puffed out and exhausted before half time.

So many hacks, ■■■■ you john.

I thought Lav was out?

i certainly hope so

He is. Not that stops some people having mythical complaints. farking muppet.

11 Likes

Unicorns keep ■■■■■■■■ on my nature strip.

6 Likes

John just said to say “Fark you too dickhed.”

2 Likes

The match should be tonight