The Squad vs the Lions

Precisely the attitude I expect Essington to have today.

8 Likes

Myers is in to block,contest,and direct.

Acceptance is key.

Our forward line was disfunctional last week, incapable of holding a structure, applying pressure and kicking a score.

Lav and Stewart weā€™re both dropped.

I donā€™t know what the coaches instructions were are how they were executing them. But from between Woosha comments and both being dropped, logic says they were two big culprits and payed the price. I have no issue with player being dropped quickly for not playing the team way.

6 Likes

Really hope the lions beat us today
need to show the coaches that Myers and Brown arenā€™t the answer

Can you buy general admission at the gate today?

What section do the Ess fans hang out?

Bang on.

We had 56 inside 50 entries for 40 odd points, and people DONT want us to make changes to the forwardline because a 25 and 27 year are too old?

3 Likes

Youā€™ll be right come first bounce, just take a step back and remember that footy is there to be enjoyed not resented.

Itā€™s game day.

5 Likes

sorry iā€™m just very angry had a horror weekend watching footy

1 Like

Exactly. Iā€™ll be catching up with some mates, enjoying a few bevvies and a countery, and cheering every goal.

Iā€™d suggest the gloomers do something similar.

2 Likes

Itā€™s been a week, and youā€™ve said you want us to lose 3 times now.
You need a new form of entertainment.

1 Like

And of course we donā€™t have any of those.

Iā€™m an Essendon supporter, so I hope we win

Although, I do understand what donnington is saying. Bad losses provide pressure and change. But yeah, that side out there today is deadset the worst side weā€™ve fielded since the top ups. Itā€™s ordinary

4 Likes

Not a fan of the changes but think we will win comfortably today.

3 Likes

im not sure if we are arguing different points or not.

if the club made 8th again for example and was patently up against a much better footy side in 5th then I am still over the moon for the match to played and we would get a lot out of it.

also winning our last 4 matches of the season for example but finishing 9/10/11th has a lot of merit in it. as much as finishing bottom 4 for a better swing at the draft.

Where you finish on the ladder is where you finish. whats good for our playing group is as many big matches as possible for the experience and hopefully wins.

Iā€™m not sure how anyone can think we will win comfortably today. The Lions have been extremely competitive at the Gabba.
If we bring our best (Geeling, GWS footy) then weā€™ll win, but I donā€™t see how anyone can be confident weā€™ll do that.

I hope we do though,

1 Like

Need to keep a lid on Zorko, would consider McGrath or even Zerret to do a run with role.

1 Like

If you stand 20 metres off the contest and never have a go, you never have frees given against you , dumb or otherwise. Not Smacka style. Will always give you a contest however crude it may be. Can think of a few others that I wish had a bit of his drive. Brown has been playing well in the magoos and I have no arguement with that. Frang will play after the bye.

Iā€™m more confident playing them up there than at Etihad thatā€™s for sure. 4-5 goal win today

2 Likes

Iā€™m really not up for this match.

2 Likes

Round 15 2017 revisited.