The Team against the West Coast Booers

SHAUNY E

Giles must really, really, reallly bad for us to name a team to take on West Coast in Perth with 0 ruckmen

Not really really bad. Really really slow

oh and chapman and cooney hold their spots.

I wish i was angry about this but i just feel despair.

I have never seen this side to you Ivan

on the bright side, it makes going to the vfl this week a even more appealing option.

Giles must really, really, reallly bad for us to name a team to take on West Coast in Perth with 0 ruckmen

Not really really bad. Really really slow

How slow is too slow?

but I guess from a mobility perspective Jake and Ambrose are better choices.

Smach would have been good though

loading up on west coast 40+

playing no ruckmen always works out so well for us.

Hirdy will be struggling to keep the hounds at bay after this.

Giles was actually more than decent on the weekend, this is terrible slap in the face to him and Smack (yes a know smack has rookie issues)

We are basically conceding the centre clearances to them and giving our selves little to no chance of building a sustained period of momentum during which we kick multiple goals quickly. Pure madness.

after the geelong loss in 2013 Mackie was on the radio saying they weren’t too worried re losing center clearences to us (that was our phase of dominating that area) because it wasn’t clean ball coming down, and they ended up having 2 loose spares for most of the game.

Donno how it will work going into a game like that, as apposed to it simply happening as a by product, but if we set up well defensively and control and use good ball movement who knows.

obviously if it doesn’t work, it’s not gonna work monumentally and it’ll be an absolute drubbing, so definately risky.
does take out the worry of how to set up around stoppages, should all be about defence first.
again who knows whether it’ll work or not until after the game, so i think they deserve benefit of the doubt til then (not that you or many so far have been bagging them out for it, but it’ll come)

Good stuff

Good stuff

Goody brought it?

oh and chapman and cooney hold their spots.

I wish i was angry about this but i just feel despair.

I have never seen this side to you Ivan

it is a wtf coaching moment, i figure a coach only gets a few of those before the fans completely turn on him and i think Hirdy may have already used up a few of them with some fans.

I can’t help but feel this is another crack in the damn wall. Like there is an inevitability to this season spiraling completely out of control and things getting worse at its end. There doesn’t seem to be any method or purpose behind this selection beyond “everything is awesome”

Good stuff

Goody brought it?

Goody loves the good stuff…so I have heard…

Cant be serious. We are going in with no full time ruck. Or is the interesting positional changes karmabomber is talking about Joe D playing ruck?

Please dont play ambrose in the ruck.

To be fair we haven’t been going in with a proper ruck for the whole season, why start now.

Happy that Edwards gets his shot (think Benfti just blew his load upon hearing the news)

Jobe is back!!. Carlisle can try and get himself into the game by being in the middle. The mids will just have to shark the oppositions taps.

It probably won’t work but at least Hird is trying something different and taking a risk.

Giles must be no chance to be on the list next year if he can’t get a game this week. I was really excited to see him come to our club as i think he has something to offer- not sure what has happened but the writing looks to be on the wall for him.

It should be the first line in our next coaches contract to play at least one recognised ruck man in a game or be instantly shot out of a cannon.

shaunye is pronounced like kanye? right???!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

It should be the first line in our next coaches contract to play at least one recognised ruck man in a game or be instantly shot out of a cannon.

A ruck meant DEVO. They did the right thing by the fans*.

• fan

think they’ve found out who lysp is and ruining his street cred. no dedicated ruck? chappy still in?

playing no ruckmen always works out so well for us.

Hirdy will be struggling to keep the hounds at bay after this.

Giles was actually more than decent on the weekend, this is terrible slap in the face to him and Smack (yes a know smack has rookie issues)

We are basically conceding the centre clearances to them and giving our selves little to no chance of building a sustained period of momentum during which we kick multiple goals quickly. Pure madness.

after the geelong loss in 2013 Mackie was on the radio saying they weren’t too worried re losing center clearences to us (that was our phase of dominating that area) because it wasn’t clean ball coming down, and they ended up having 2 loose spares for most of the game.

Donno how it will work going into a game like that, as apposed to it simply happening as a by product, but if we set up well defensively and control and use good ball movement who knows.

obviously if it doesn’t work, it’s not gonna work monumentally and it’ll be an absolute drubbing, so definately risky.
does take out the worry of how to set up around stoppages, should all be about defence first.
again who knows whether it’ll work or not until after the game, so i think they deserve benefit of the doubt til then (not that you or many so far have been bagging them out for it, but it’ll come)

WC are a dangerous side at stoppages. nic nat will go bannas and they will run blokes through the back of the square like they are playing British bulldogs. Our defense is going to be on a hiding to nothing unless we stack it with spares and hird has never shown an inclination towards doing that. Our midfield is slow and will struggle to contain WC outside the contest as it is, we have just decided to give them a free swat at getting it outside the contest which will also mean that the spare the hird uses at the stoppage will get bypassed.

I can’t see this ending any way other than extremely badly.

More importantly how is our VFL team going to fit in 3 ruckman? Better not cost us a win!

How’s this the side. isn’t it announced 6ish?

Lyspmeister