The Team - Brown In - WEST COAST v ESSENDON OS , 8:10pm AEST Thurs 20-6-19

Team selection: Round 14

Jun 19, 2019 6:20PM

BTV: Rd 14 | Team Selection

Senior Coach John Worsfold takes us through the team to face West Coast at Optus Stadium on Thursday night.

Related

Essendon has been forced to make one change to its side for its blockbuster clash with West Coast at Optus Stadium on Thursday.

Star forward Jake Stringer has been unable to return to full fitness in time to take on the Eagles after suffering a minor leg injury in last week’s victory over Hawthorn.

Fellow forward Mitch Brown has replaced Stringer, joining the senior line-up for the first time since the side’s narrow ANZAC Day loss to Collingwood in round six.

The first bounce is set for 6:10pm local time.

Watch the Bombers take on the Eagles this week live with Kayo. Sign up for your FREE 14-day trial

FINAL TEAM
B – Patrick Ambrose, Michael Hurley, Andrew McGrath
HB – Conor McKenna, Cale Hooker, Adam Saad
C – Mason Redman, Zach Merrett, Kyle Langford
HF – David Zaharakis, Jayden Laverde, Matt Guelfi
F – Darcy Parish, Shaun McKernan, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
R – Tom Bellchambers, Dylan Shiel, Dyson Heppell
Interchange – Mitch Brown, Dylan Clarke, Orazio Fantasia, Josh Begley
Emergencies – Mark Baguley, Aaron Francis, Ben McNiece, Zac Clarke

IN – Brown
OUT – Stringer

4 Likes

FRIDGE

2 Likes

A team that could conceivably line up as named. Hallelujah

1 Like

Change makes sense. Like.

West Coke 6 changes. Is that a good thing (I hardly ever watch them, so…)?

Fridge lucky.

Some pretty handy ins for them.

1 Like

While Stringer is a big loss hopefully brown can bring the form he had before he was injured. Brown was really important for us earlier in the year and is a great in.

2 Likes

Good changes. Sensible changes.

1 Like

What’s all these sensible changes?

1 Like

We’re gonna lose.

1 Like

Not really. He kicked 2 goals and had some good bits of play. But most importantly, nobody from the VFL put their hand up for that position.

9 Likes

You want Darcy parish in the forward pocket?

Why do you hate @barnz

3 Likes

That might have more to do with their changes. Yeo, Hurn, Masten back.

1 Like

Does anyone know under what user name Whoosa is lurking under on Blitz? Clearly he is reading the changes threads.

5 Likes

Fridge stays in. Boom!

3 Likes

Disagree, played terrible for 90% of the game. Fumbled and had no impact until those 2 goals near the end.

3 Likes

No, but I basically read one to two of the forwards as being defacto mids and we know parish will rotate on ball

We’ve won two in a row and you don’t normally change a winning team. We had to make one change, and it’s a good one – not as good as having both Stringer and Brown in the team, but still good.

I hope Laverde chooses this week to step up. Also Begley. We will need the absolute best from every player if we’re to win this. As always, it will be our intensity that wins it or loses it. We haven’t produced a full four-quarter effort so far this season; let’s hope that this is the week that we do.

3 Likes

@wimmera1 I think

20 Likes