The Team - Brown In - WEST COAST v ESSENDON OS , 8:10pm AEST Thurs 20-6-19

Oh Gwilty, cheer up son.

1 Like

I wanna see Saad pull another blinder of a game and give it to the WC cheer squad!

I reckon Clarke goes to Shuey.

People may reckon Gaff but Gaff is on wing.

At least if heā€™s on Shuey, Clarke can use his strenghs (hard ball etc) around the contest.

2 Likes

Hard deck Marvel - beat Hawks

Hard deck Optus - ā€¦ Eagles?

Hard deck Marvel - ā€¦ Giants?

Concern is, the boys could be vulnerable (leg weary?) come Giants game potentially dropping both. Shame because the way the boys are playing I fully expect them to avenge the round 1 loss.

Definitely Shuey. Heā€™s their most damaging inside player. No way they stick Clarke out on a wing.

2 Likes

They wonā€™t be able to compete with our run of half back.

Just need to stick marks inside 50 and slot goals.

Easy win, % booster coming up!!!
34 point win.

See yā€™all in the lid off thread, if thereā€™s roomā€¦

3 Likes

Concerned that he may not use Clarke as a tagger at all given that he came off Oā€™Meara at half time last week and thatā€™s when we kicked away.

Please John, use him as a tagger

2 Likes

I think it will depend on the flow of the game. Itā€™s good to see the coaches changing strategy mid game. I bet heā€™ll spend a fair bit of time tagging though.

Kicking for goal has really let us down this year. We need to take our chances and kick a few goals early.

1 Like

Win would be great. But if we put in a solid effort and lose, that would be ok too. My expectations of us our lower than they where at the start of the season.

I just want to see effort, intensity, and continued improvement in our game style.

Primetime game

Essendon playing interstate

Umps going to ream us all night

match day thread going crazier than normal

Itā€™s the perfect stormā€¦

4 Likes

Interesting post.

2 Likes

We got this

Fast start a necessity for many reasons.
Crowd can be silenced early.
We build confidence early.
And last but not least, with 6 inclusions, they donā€™t get to play cohesively and build their own confidence early.

Win the first qtr,go from there.

2 Likes

@Stallion ITS TIME

1 Like

This, take the responsibility and kick the farkin goal tonight. Must make the most of our set shots early

2 Likes

The first quarter is West Coastā€™s bestā€¦ stop that and we are placing ourselves in a position of strength

2 Likes

Again? Weā€™ve been in this will they/wonā€™t they position for 17 years.

Can I just say this narrative is not a factual statement.

It is a bit weird that Worsfold, who normally has no issues just saying nothing to the media, felt the need to express this scenario.

Hose down your expectations you masachistā€™s