The Team: Essendon v Western Bulldogs

Melksham straight in is a disgrace.

Smack pulled up sore and will be given a rest from VFL too

Dunno why the hell he was listed as ‘omitted’ on the team sheet then. What happened to ‘soreness’?

“General Omitted”

It would be disappointing to leave young Edwards out, he provides the team with a fair bit of polish and pace, something that would be handy against the dogs.

Polish and pace aren’t really two words I’d associate with the Essendon game plan.

Smack pulled up sore and will be given a rest from VFL too

Dunno why the hell he was listed as ‘omitted’ on the team sheet then. What happened to ‘soreness’?

“General Omitted”

On the march.

So with Giles in we’ll be winning every game from now until the end of the season I suspect. Seeing as that was the ONLY reason we couldn’t win beforehand…

We are playing plenty of kids.

Obviously the Cooney in which has some unhappy. But Cooney is an upgrade on Edwards by a mile.

People can sook all they want about it if he goes out of side but he Edwards isn’t ready to impact games consistently yet. It’s like Varcoe at Geelong. It took him farkin ages to do so.

The most likely changes IMO will be these:

Giles for McKernan (sore)
Cooney for Edwards
Carlisle for Stein
Melksham for Howlett (inj/sore)

It's weird, in the selection video Hird committed to ("will play" or "won't play") Carlisle, Giles & SMack but not the others. Not really fussed about Melks v Howlett (Howlett slightly ahead but 3 years older) - but I really really hope Edwards stays in. Has given us something.

BIG JON YEEEEEESS

The Team Selection Comedy Caravan rolls on …

Melksham vs Edwards irrelevant argument.

Melk has been our main defensive midfielder for the year. Dogs have a very strong midfield.

If he was training well on the track post the hammy seems a logical in for me and certainly an upgrade on Howlett in terms of his pace/endurance etc.

Melksham surely must have an overblown sense of entitlement. No form to speak of, and misses 3 weeks injured, then walks straight back into the team.

It’s rediculous…

Is that good or bad?

At this point of career he needs to be playing a more consistent role in the best 22. That could be 1-2 goals a game. Less fumbling and really affecting games more. He has potential but needed to be playing good, confident football a while ago and hasn’t yet…

He’s a good tagger and does play the contest, can impact games.

In my opinion him and Howlett need to be consistent every week, more effective ball users.

I don’t know why those two and Ambrose are automatic selections if the form isn’t there.

Browne comes in straight away and looks more poised and other younger players have more impact…

How he got to 100 games so quickly is beyond. I’d say 90 of them have been below par.

So with Giles in we'll be winning every game from now until the end of the season I suspect. Seeing as that was the ONLY reason we couldn't win beforehand...

Who said that?

Wtf?

“We will play the kids”

“Only while the older players are injured but, lol”

Thanks Hird.

LOL.

Daniher, O’Brien, Langford, Laverde, Zerrett, Jerrett, Edwards, Browne, Ambrose, Steinberg and Gleeson not young and inexperienced enough for you?

Exactly right Fairybread.

I think people just like to have a good old whinge, it doesn’t matter what the Coaching panel does.

Giles to beat Minson
Minson is not playing. Suspended in the VFL.

Booooo

Racist!

Wtf?

“We will play the kids”

Thanks Hird.

LOL.

Daniher, O’Brien, Langford, Laverde, Zerrett, Jerrett, Edwards, Browne, Ambrose, Steinberg and Gleeson not young and inexperienced enough for you?

There is a very good chance that 3 of those guys won’t be in the team

It’s disingenuous to say “Oh Giles is in now we win by 100 points right LOL!!!1”, the argument has been about bringing him in for structure – not his incredible football ability – hasn’t it?

If the Melkman is to find form and be worth keeping, I believe he will find it now he is a more senior member of the team, with the current emphasis on the younger brigade.

The last time he looked top shelf, the rest of the team was dropping off and he stepped up, might be the right circumstances to get his head right now.

Wtf?

“We will play the kids”

Thanks Hird.

LOL.

There is a very good chance that 3 of those guys won’t be in the team

Even if they’re not, that’s still a decent amount of inexperienced players

It's disingenuous to say "Oh Giles is in now we win by 100 points right LOL?!?!1", the argument has been about bringing him in for structure -- not his incredible football ability -- hasn't it?

Strange week to play him.

Even stranger week to not give Smack a run against a guy who he could actually beat.

The Team Selection Comedy Caravan rolls on ...........

Is Blitz the “Team Selection Comedy Caravan”?

Melksham surely must have an overblown sense of entitlement. No form to speak of, and misses 3 weeks injured, then walks straight back into the team.

It’s rediculous…

Is that good or bad?

At this point of career he needs to be playing a more consistent role in the best 22. That could be 1-2 goals a game. Less fumbling and really affecting games more. He has potential but needed to be playing good, confident football a while ago and hasn’t yet…

He’s a good tagger and does play the contest, can impact games.

In my opinion him and Howlett need to be consistent every week, more effective ball users.

I don’t know why those two and Ambrose are automatic selections if the form isn’t there.

Browne comes in straight away and looks more poised and other younger players have more impact…

How he got to 100 games so quickly is beyond. I’d say 90 of them have been below par.

completely ignoring the fact that his first two seasons were well above what youd expect from a 1st/2nd year player and played a superb half in 2014