The Team - GWS v Us - DC out for "The Pidge" (Blame Marvel)

The standard has been set, the trick now is maintaining it. It is a good trick.

I’ve watched GWS over the last month and they have been playing terrible footy.
Half their team look like they don’t give a ■■■■.
I doubt shiel and a few other guys will even be there next year.
If we apply just 1/10th of the pressure we did last week we will knock them into submission.
However, can we really trust Essendon to do this ? After all we’ve seen?
Who knows.
But what i do know is this is a very winnable game. The giants are out of form and playing like they don’t give a ■■■■.

3 Likes

It seems to me you have a very naive idea of what makes a football team. You are far from being the expert your every post claims.

1 Like

So any locals going to the game tonight?

Heppells interview on SEN gives me hope we will bring the intensity.
History tells me me wont.

But now we have some new blood, I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

Bring similar intensity,and the new blood stands up- we can win.

1 Like

I respect Speedy Gonzales views. Maybe that just means I agree with him most of the time.

1 Like

There are a few things in our favour today, I reckon.

Firstly, while we have lost our last couple to them, we’ve played well and they were in red hot form both times. They are not in red hot form now.

Secondly, our match ups (particularly in defence) are very favourable. Hooker on Patton, Ambrose on Cameron, even Dea on Himmelberg is a good match up for him. Their defence doesn’t have the same luxury.

And lastly, it’s teams who set up really well defensively who trouble us and shut us down. GWS don’t do this.

We’re more than a red hot chance tonight, and if we bring the intensity (which is the key to it all), it could be a really solid win.

5 Likes

I like your observations Mr Burr.

I also think have Stewart and Smith up against their old side will add some additional venom into their games.

I’d really enjoy watching Stewart have a day out against them.

1 Like

Cheers for the sentiments

It’s factual however that those two were in our few least performed players.

Having a role playing 3rd tall aside given Stringer playing more midfield minutes LAV would want to have a greater impact this week or the match committee would likely look at a change.

Whether that’s Stringer staying forward and another mid coming in or LAV being replaced with another fwd even if it’s a small with Green pressing his case strongly.

Hopefully LAV plays well tonight & doesn’t put himself on the chopping block with a 3rd poor game in a row given he was least performed player vs Blues also.

This is a very winnable game.

It does not mean we will win.

If the GWS players are playing like they don’t want to be there and we can win and rub there noses in it, and play out the rest of the season strongly…

This would be a great ad for more GWS players coming to us next year. Hoping for great games from Smith and Stewart, and a pity Mutch isn’t there to make some of his Academy mates jealous.

always the worry that after we have a ‘club defining win’ and we’ve had a week of patting ourselves on the back, we don’t turn up the following week.

remember the talk after the first sydney loss? although it was a loss there was an air that it was a moral victory. then we came out like absolute wet tissues against brisbane.

And then there were some “home truths” after the Brisbane game. Then again after the final, then again after the Bulldogs game in round 3 this year

Yep, an obvious concern.

I just don’t think GWS are that much of a concern.

If we turn up, we win.

GWS can turn it on with their 6:4 second term against the North away testament to that. It’s maintaining the rage that’s been their problem lately. Essendon’s problem - they generally give the opposition a sniff and allow them to go on with it. Will Essendon be able to stifle any momentum that comes the Giants way?

Houli and Reilwoldt injured…possibly out next week.

Door ajar,lets fark this mob then pump the tigers ffs Come On!!!

6 Likes

We will need a small to medium defence then, does Hooker go forward?

I should cool my jets and wait and see how everyone plays tonight and how selection plays out next week.

One game at a time as they say.

3 Likes

“I’m thrilled. Can’t you tell?” *facial expression completely contrasting comment.

Lol, let’s see how much we get done by tonight first.

1 Like