The Team v Fark North 2.0

WTF is the point of naming Giles emergency?

The ONLY minds we’re farking with are our own players!

Unless SMACK injures himself in the warm up, in which case it turns out to be quite a prudent move. The whole point of emergencies is that in the case of an emergency one of them can play. Something happening to one of our talls on gameday would be an emergency and Giles would come in.

Then why hasnt Giles been named as emergency in previous weeks if that is the logic?

Unless SMACK injures himself in the warm up, in which case it turns out to be quite a prudent move. The whole point of emergencies is that in the case of an emergency one of them can play. Something happening to one of our talls on gameday would be an emergency and Giles would come in.

Then why hasnt Giles been named as emergency in previous weeks if that is the logic?

He was emergency last week too
Two with Jerrett.

For someone that doesnt buy a Membership & doesnt attend games you’re very full of yourself arent you.

I guess you find your sense of self-worth being a keyboard-warrior.

He was last week

Two with Jerrett.

For someone that doesnt buy a Membership & doesnt attend games you’re very full of yourself arent you.

pot meet kettle (I’m also a major kettle)

He was last week

And the week before that? And the one before that?

Am sure you understand the point I’m making.
Surely even an ‘out of form’ Giles would have been a better bet than Ambrose or Carlisle playing in the ruck?
If the answer to that is well … not necessarily… then why the fark did we recruit him?
What does that say about those that made that recruiting decision?

Bewildering.

He was last week

Surely even an ‘out of form’ Giles would have been a better bet than Ambrose or Carlisle playing in the ruck?
If the answer to that is well … not necessarily… then why the fark did we recruit him?

Bewildering.

I can’t disagree with any of that. Nor can I provide any meaningful answers…

Two with Jerrett.

I don’t have to justify myself to you, but I’ve had a membership for 3 years and tend to work on weekends so can’t go or watch games. Your problem is you can’t hack that people got sick of your constant obsessive Jerrett bagging bullshit. HTFU, and take it when it comes back at you. Furhtermore, don’t make ■■■■ up about me then post it. You’re absolutely full of it.

He was last week

Bewildering.

Carlisle’s played a better ruck game than Giles in the past 2 years…

The question is how much better. And the fact that the time he’s not in the ruck he’s almost a complete liability.

Another Thursday, another Giles Fest.

He was last week

Bewildering.

I do agree that now we’ve gotten to this point it seems fair to question choice to recruit him in the first place. I said as much here.

Two with Jerrett.

I don’t have to justify myself to you, but I’ve had a membership for 3 years and tend to work on weekends so can’t go or watch games. Your problem is you can’t hack that people got sick of your constant obsessive Jerrett bagging bullshit. HTFU, and take it when it comes back at you. Furhtermore, don’t make ■■■■ up about me then post it. You’re absolutely full of it.

General B_G on the march

Carlisle's played a better ruck game than Giles in the past 2 years...

The question is how much better. And the fact that the time he’s not in the ruck he’s almost a complete liability.

Yeah, i wouldn’t say much better. Carlisle did play a good game against carlton, where he exploited Robbie Warnock for mobility. Not sure he’s the only guy to ever do that though. Warnock still won the hit outs 41-18. I know hit outs stats are overrated, but they still mean something when discussing ruckman. Giles played a few decent games last year when Mumford was out injured.

Anyways. I know he’s hardly tearing it up at VFL level, but he’s not really a ‘tearing it up’ kinda guy. He’s meh, but he structurally fills a need that we’ve been throwing boxes of cheap band aids at all year. Hooker is currently playing forward so Gwilt and Stein can both play. Nick O’Brien is our tagger. We’re hardly playing for keeps at the moment, surely you have a look at Giles even out of curiosity? That, and to not let Shaun McKernan go head to head all night against the best ruckman in the game. It’s a pretty big ask of him.

I will say though, to those getting all ‘sack Dodoro’ about the recruitment of Giles, the most obvious reason he isn’t playing right now is because the same recruitment team took Mckernan at pick 12 of the rookie draft. And pick 51 for a ruckman is not much of an investment anyway. Richmond used 28 on Hampson ffs.

I would have thought that the coaching staff have weighed up the decision of selection of Giles on either:

1/Winning the ruck taps/but havingno impact around the ground
2/Lose ruck taps/shark opposition taps, but have mobile ruckman impacting around the ground.

Clearly they would have stats/evidence to support their decision.
And coupled with the fact that, as some suggested, Giles didn’t meet certain fitness K.P.I’s in preseason- it makes sense.

The part that I don’t get is, if they’re basing the decision on such evidence, wouldn’t they have already known this from his performances at GWS?

What could have possibly changed between calling out his name at trade time and now?

Smells fishy…

McKernan and Giles playing together in the VFL worked well as a combination. Accept that AFL is a bit different but surely we are at a stage where we can experiment and see how it plays out - after all we are prepared to experiment with a player who constantly drops marks, kicks few goals, wins barely any hit outs and whose main asset is laying tackles because his opponents have won the ball.

Sometime they are just that! An Emergency. Why can’t some people see this.

We have managed to go even younger than last week due to the experienced Browne missing with concussion.

Goldstein will destroy Giles as soon as the ruck contest is over. Even Bellchambers is a liability against Goldstein, who is in AA form.

Sure the plan is to have Smack play more of a tagging ruck role to negate his influence rather than out and out beat him.

Goldstein will destroy Giles as soon as the ruck contest is over. Even Bellchambers is a liability against Goldstein, who is in AA form.

Sure the plan is to have Smack play more of a tagging ruck role to negate his influence rather than out and out beat him.

Will smack him into next week.

Two with Jerrett.