The team versus the Saints - 2020 round 12

They better not let Clarke rot out on a flank again this week. If you going to play him, play at the coalface. He also has more minutes in the centre with Draper than any other player on the field. That counts for something

I hope begs gets a fair crack on ball too.

With McKenna forward I’d consider moving McGrath back to provide some drive andaccommodate a big body in the middle. Think the side would have a better balance to it but there’s no way this coaching group would something bold like that.

Guelfi should fwd/wing to contest and pressure which is clearly his best role. But McGrath will not go back so this won’t happen.

My fantasy line up for today

Tippa smack Townsend
Snelling Stewart McKenna

Langford parish Merrett
Draper Clarke Shiel

McGrath Ridley Saad
Gleeson zerk hurls

mutch Cutler Begley guelfi

1 Like

I’m going to spare y’all some angst here - Clarke and Begley aren’t taking minutes from Shiel/Merrett/McGrath.

At best they’ll be in the second string rotations. Hoping to see Begley as the high half forward, “first one in” role.

5 Likes

MCKERNAN TO KICK 8

1 Like

Clark, Mutch & Begley have been at the club a few years now. They’re physically ready to compete at this level. They know the game plan. They should be able to fill a role.

I expect they’ll perform, regardless of how many AFL games they’ve played.

2 Likes

I admire your positivity but unfortunately the longer someone has been at our club and the more they know our gameplan the less I believe they can perform at AFL level.

With the coaches doing nothing about it.

Coaches will make the change after Butler kicks his 4th

I hope someone has taught us to football this week.images-128

2 Likes

You want all 3? Sheesh! Do you want a Lambo for Xmas too?

Oh it’s not positivity.

I’m making a point, because people will say they are inexperienced as a reason for the team playing poorly.
If you’ve got blokes who have been at the club for 3 years, it’s now or never.

I’m putting less emphasis on how many AFL games They’ve played, and more emphasis on the length someone has been in the AFL system.

2 Likes

There are quite a few Blitzers in here in serious need of a Bex and a lie down and the game hasn’t even started yet

Actually… I’m liking your thinking! IN: VFL team’s culture of success (success by Essendon standards, like winning a final or two along with some heartbreaking close losses & chokes, not winning a premiership level success). We’d take it right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not so much as what they see in Cutler, but the importance of that specific role and who we have to do it. Big tank/mark/delivery. We don’t have many who have that set of skills… that we can spare from other places. Think ‘process’ first, then what you have available on the list.

i have seen none of these things from Cutler

Most likely the other team

Fair enough, but he does have those attributes. I’m not saying he’s great, btw. A player that can do that job well on our list is Heppell. Ham will hopefully get there.

Our friend The Tall Ding-dong ain’t there today…so win for us!

So you say he’s a small tank butterfinger dropkick?

Any late changes?

There’s a few people in here who wouldn’t know WTF a Bex is.