The TEAM vs Crows

Is the pope catholic?

Dont pay attention to the line upā€¦ afl.com had JJ playing forward pocket for the Dogs

You reckon that got them the premiership?

Or was it Dusty Martin dragging them over the line all year?

The forward line kicks the goals too. Its not a 1 man team.

Dusty going forward to boot a few helps too.

He does play fwd now, did for most of last season also after sides tagged him out of game off HBF

But our team sheet is constantly wrong. For the secrecy and diversion of it all! Ha!

I doubt it.

Brown really??? We are farked

im happy that crouch is out for them.

we might crack even in the middle and if we do that are every bit the chance to kick a winning score at home.

I like the team based on what is availableā€¦if the Crows were playing any other team this week with the outs that they have we all would think that the other team would win as they are missing too many of their key playersā€¦its ingrained in us to fear the worst, but Iā€™m confident that if on our game we can belt this mob.

2 Likes

Would love to smash these guys give them a taste of thier own medicine for the amount of times they belted us

So we get 4 goals behind and you throw our second highest goal kicker from last year into defence? I would have thought that was the time you would want scoring options up forward to get back into the match. Also donā€™t believe Hooker has trained as a back really at all since 2015 so I would be leaving him forward.

Any defender full stop. He conceded more goals to his direct opponent than any other player in the comp last year.

I like the look of the team. Iā€™m super pumped.

5th most I believe. Perhaps most of any small defender.

1 Like

Fairly certain we were 2nd in league for turnovers coming out of defence so players are going to get caught out of position often.

Bags and Hartley invariably playing on the best small and best tall who are quick to take advantage.

All our defenders have also been seriously up against it with how poor our midfield pressure has been. Easy unpressured entries make all defences look ordinary.

In saying that Bags has had ongoing knee issues so if that slowing him up not helping.

definitely heard most, mightā€™ve been with the small defender caveat.

either way, the notion that weā€™re ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  without him in the side is pretty effing laughableā€¦

Thatā€™s true enough and there other examples of this at other clubs - Astbury at Richmond is another good example. However after the 1st month McGrath was getting the best small forward basically week in week out, because he was already considered more reliable.

Realistically, itā€™s absolutely time we should be moving past guys like Bags. Thatā€™s sad in some ways as heā€™s been a loyal servant whoā€™s always given his all, but if youā€™re 30something, having problems with your body, and occupy the 18-30 part of the list, we should damn well be looking to move him along in favour of somebody younger with more upside.

Certainly when pace going and considering small fwds are generally going to be quick it makes it difficult for him.

Looks like we have already begun that process with McNeice ā€¦ albeit has a niggle at present.

1 Like

yep, rightly so. Bags will still probably get the odd opportunity this year, due to injuries and form but god willing they are limited because it means weā€™re probably having a decent run and somewhere around the mark again.

Iā€™m excited. For the first time in 5 years we get to watch a game of footy with it just being a game of footy.

And now no excuses for poor performances. Shape up or ship out.

Be interesting to see how the backline goes. Because it literally cannot be worse than whatā€™s named so thatā€™s where Iā€™ll be focussing my attention I think.

4 Likes