The TEAM vs Crows

For God’s sake.

And I thought it might have been a ballsy coaching decision backing our youngsters.

Why would Saad be used as a blanket defensive player on Betts? when his best asset to the team is receive, run like AF and bounce. Makes no sense whatsoever, If we wanted to shadow Betts we would have played someone like McNiece on him, or even Mcgrath.

I though it was the free kick count.

MCG innit

I think the point is he’ll do both. Betts doesn’t defend. He doesn’t chase or tackle. He can be badly exposed the other way. It is absolutely the right call IMO to have a defender on him who can impact the other way when given the chance. Saad will need to know when is and isn’t the right time to go but he has done a good job on him in the past apparently/

1 Like

So who is really missing from best 22, fanta, myers, ambrose. colyer

Quite fortuitous that Lynch is out as I expect he would have been Ambrose’s match-up. A lot of complaining about our back-line but the below Crows forward line would have to be close to the worst they have put on the park in a while.

FF 18 Eddie Betts 4 Josh Jenkins 32 Darcy Fogarty
HF 28 Cameron Ellis-Yolmen 41 Mitch McGovern 44 Lachlan Murphy

I think we have decent match-ups for Betts (Saad or failing that McGrath) and Jenkins (Hartley). McGovern is the one out of that lot that worries me. Can’t help but think Gleeson would have been a decent match-up for him.

We should be in this up to our eye balls.

Gleeson is best 22

2 Likes

I’ve got a feeling that they won’t try to stop us

Do, or do not. There is no try.

2 Likes

Amazing how quick you forget, Gleeson a definite best22

1 Like

Can’t wait to sit down in the gear with the young girl in front of the game.

1 Like

for completeness crows team

B: Saad Hartley Hurley
F:Betts Jenkins Fogarty
HB: Dea Brown McKenna
HF: Ellis-Yolmen McGovern Murphy

C: McGrath Heppell Zaka
C: Mackay Sloan Gibson

HF: Stewart Daniher Smith
HB: Laird Brown Seedsman
F: Green Hooker McDonald-Tippinwuti
B: Kelly Talia Hartigan

R: Belly Stringer Zerrett
R: Jacobs M Crouch Gibbs

Int: Goddard Parish Begley Langford
Int: Douglas Hapmton Atkins Doedee

Think Gibson may tag zaka.

Key Matchups
Betts - Saad
Hartley Jenkins
Heppell Sloan
Zerrett- Gibbs
Parish - Crouch
Daniher & Hooker - Talia & Brown

1 Like

Its inter3sting cos defensively youd assume bags is still up there. His disposal was shocking in the first praccy game.

So can you affore in todays day and age to hide a poor skilled player in the backline ?
Can he just defend and do nothing else ?

Hard to tell i guess.

Have you guys looked at the Crows team? They have named 3 debutants and are missing some very crucial players. I think we are a little tall on paper, maybe we expected Lynch to be named and could make a late change bringing Baguley in now. Either way I’m confident we should win.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Bags should be in.

Yes.

In that situation we would still have two All Australian tall forwards to play in the forward line.

I suspect Riolio was being ironic.

For mine, I don’t get frantic about Hooker going back when our backline is getting torn up due to the lack of a great spoiling and intercepting tall defender.
I get that way when that happens, and Hooker isn’t getting a touch in the forward line, at the same time.

1 Like