The Team vs Melbourne

If it’s wet I hope Hurley isn’t in for a small. We’d be way too tall. Possibly too tall even if it’s dry

Bring an extra Essendon mate or two along this week who wouldn't normally go, goes without saying the fans are needed more than ever now. 

FB Jake Carlisle, Cale Hooker, Courtenay Dempsey
HB Michael Hibberd, Michael Hurley, Mark Baguley
C Brendon Goddard, Dyson Heppell, Jake Melksham
HF Zach Merrett, Joe Daniher, David Zaharakis
FF Jason Winderlich, Patrick Ryder, Patrick Ambrose
R Tom Bellchambers, Heath Hocking, Brent Stanton

INTERCHANGE FROM*
Paul Chapman, Dustin Fletcher, Travis Colyer, Cory Dell'Olio, Ben Howlett, Elliott Kavanagh, David Myers

Carlisle named back. Probably means Fletch will miss.
Fletch, Trav and Dell to miss, for mine.

Chapman and Fletch will both be rested, I reckon. The third emergency will be either Colyer or Dell'Olio.

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.

We were going to beat Melbourne… probably…… with Jobe out.

Now, thanks to ASADA's latest piece of prick-acting, we'll smash the toffee-nosed can'ts to smithereens.

If it's wet I hope Hurley isn't in for a small. We'd be way too tall. Possibly too tall even if it's dry

Did you miss the post where the average height of the Melbourne forward line (last week) was something like 195cm?

We‘re not the ones in trouble…

Team is too tall - Initially thought that Chapman or Fletcher could be rested, but experienced hands are needed on deck for this game.

Is Edwards anywhere near getting selected ?

I only ask cos in reality tjobes midfield spot will be made up of the guys already in the side, so a spot on the hbf/hff will become open. Neither Kav nor  Coyler has shown they can fill that role on a regular basis so it kinda seems pointless bringing them into the side to try them in the same old positions they've failed at before.

Granted those two guys form at vfl level may have been the best out of the bunch, just seems pointless to me to keep playing musical chairs with the same players, might as well chuck some unknowns in and see if they can take up the challenge at afl level.

OUT: Watson (BETA)

Apparently Watson isn't injured. He's serving out a 10 week suspension so he gets a credit on his infraction notice from the AFL according to Sam Lane.

FB Jake Carlisle, Cale Hooker, Courtenay Dempsey
HB Michael Hibberd, Michael Hurley, Mark Baguley
C Brendon Goddard, Dyson Heppell, Jake Melksham
HF Zach Merrett, Joe Daniher, David Zaharakis
FF Jason Winderlich, Patrick Ryder, Patrick Ambrose
R Tom Bellchambers, Heath Hocking, Brent Stanton

INTERCHANGE FROM*
Paul Chapman, Dustin Fletcher, Travis Colyer, Cory Dell'Olio, Ben Howlett, Elliott Kavanagh, David Myers

Carlisle named back. Probably means Fletch will miss.
Fletch, Trav and Dell to miss, for mine.

Strong team, the Captain likes the look of this. 

As long as players like Melksham and Zaharakis step up with Watson is out and play to the potential we all know they have we should be well and truly fine...

Oh god we're farked.....

Myers, Melksham and Hocking. Time to lift big time, fellas. Myers and Melk need to show what they can do with more midfield time in the guts, whereas Buddha needs to start finding a bit more of the footy, despite being a tagger (in his last 5 games he's gotten 6, 9, 19, 15 & 10 disposals).

As long as players like Melksham and Zaharakis step up with Watson is out and play to the potential we all know they have we should be well and truly fine...

Oh god we're farked.....

34 possessions and 2 goals in a low scoring game is just hopeless, hey?

I don't understand why Chappy will need a rest. He has played two games in the last month. If fit, he should play. 

I don't understand why Chappy will need a rest. He has played two games in the last month. If fit, he should play. 

Completely agree.

Doesn't matter who plays and how we line up as long as the right attitude and effort is there we will be fine.

Go Bombers.

I hope we get physical on Sunday, I think I would be a good message to the comp we are not going anywhere.

I hope we get physical on Sunday, I think I would be a good message to the comp we are not going anywhere.

Winning would be a better message

Oh, sure. Yep. Umm... wouldn't he need to declare he was voluntarily serving it for it to be acknowledged rather than pretending he had an injury? I doubt the authority would let that fly. Sam "Einstein" Lane doing what she does best.

Winning would be a better message

Agreed, I'm hoping that we get fired up for the match (ala Round 3 v Freo last year) and not get listless like the last 6 games of 2013.

I wonder if he is carrying a niggle of some sort. Hasn't looked at his best recently