The Team vs Port Adelaide

God I hope Jackson Merrett gets 30 with a couple of sausage rolls.

So do I mate
But gee he was ordinary last week and very lucky to be chosen this week

In what game this year has he been anything above ordinary?
He hasnt.
We all hope he turns out to be a superstar but FFS he does not deserve a place in the team based on form or even potential at the moment.

So do I mate

He hasnt.
We all hope he turns out to be a superstar but FFS he does not deserve a place in the team based on form or even potential at the moment.

He did have 35 touches against Carlton, and 24 against Nth Melbourne so statistically he's had a couple of above ordinary games at the least. His first 6 games this year were solid, again purely speaking statistically. My recollection is that he was going just fine.

So do I mate

He hasnt.
He did have 35 touches against Carlton, and 24 against Nth Melbourne so statistically he's had a couple of above ordinary games at the least. His first 6 games this year were solid, again purely speaking statistically. My recollection is that he was going just fine.

You fell into the trap of quoting stats.
Unfortunately Jackson is a confirmed ball-butcherer.
I'd rather discuss his impact on games not how many cheapies he's picked up along the way.

So do I mate

He hasnt.

Actually, I thought his contribution was pretty important in the Hawthorn game.
Had a game high 8 tackles, and kicked a nice opportunistic goal.

Fogdog on twitter saying Hurley late exclusion for Fletcher.

So do I mate

He hasnt.

I'd rather discuss his impact on games not how many cheapies he's picked up along the way.

He was really good against Carlton. 

Saying he doesn't deserve a game based on last week, is a solid point. You don't need to make up the rest of it. 

J merretts disposal was top notch at the start of the year.

So do I mate

He hasnt.

Yes, that's why I said that I was speaking statistically. Congratulations on not falling into the trap of not noticing that I was quoting stats. Now, knowing as I did that you'd notice that I was quoting stats, and worried about the trap that I had perhaps just sprung, I did decide to add that I felt he was doing at least okay in those early rounds. A non-statistical impression related to his impact for a young player.

So do I mate

He hasnt.

Yeah I thought he was fairly good early in the year but has dropped off massively since the Lions game (apart from that ripper goal he kicked on the boundary)

So do I mate

He hasnt.

Yeah I too thought he was good early on but dropped off around the Lions game, bar the ripper goal he kicked from the boundary

I brought Hibberd into my DT last week, so feel free to blame me for his injury. This sort of thing happens a lot.

Watch Westhoff kick 10. ■■■■ I hate Port Adelaide. 

Fogdog on twitter saying Hurley late exclusion for Fletcher.

How often does Fletch actually play against Port?

Also, if he does play, doesn't he add to some record for number of different grounds played at? 

Bombers by 14 points.

No Fletch and no Pig. Who is going to go 3rd man up and where is the drive going to come from? Don't like this at all... If Hardy goes back he will need to play one of his best games ever to fill some of the void. But with Bags back and Dempsey starting to find a bit of form I think they will hold there own back there.

This game will come down to our Mids getting on top and STAYING on top. If they are clear winners then we will win this one.

I brought Hibberd into my DT last week, so feel free to blame me for his injury. This sort of thing happens a lot.

Trade in Gray and Boak before lockout please.

I’ve gotta say Bomber and team selection is never a boring night. I love reading the speculation and everyones ideal match ups. The old late out switcharoo tricks are fun to try and guess.

Bit hard this week to wonder but I’d love to see Fanta get a game and be a surprise hit. Fletch in is pretty likely but you can’t be too sure.

Anyone know if Fletcher has/will be traveling to Adelaide? If not and Fog is right about Hurley, wouldn’t mind seeing FANTA come in and Carlisle taking Westhoff instead.

That leaves Daniher and Ambrose as the talls. Chap, FANTA and Licha as the smalls. Maybe Goddard to pinch hit fwd too?

I hope it's not gonna be a hot day in Adelaide on Saturday.

Not overly worried about our defence - It's been solid all year and we have only conceded 100 points twice this year - Freo 18-5 and Syd 18-6 - Will be interesting if Hurley is out - This may force Fletcher to play on Schulz as Hooker is a good match up on Westhoff.