The Team vs Richmond: DreamTime Clash

Unchanged line-up.

EMG: Laverde, McKernan and Fantasia.

Credit to lysp.

Gees thanks JD. Changed my tip based on that scoop of yours. Damn
All part of my cunning plan to win the tipping comp and take one step closer to global domination.

Gees thanks JD. Changed my tip based on that scoop of yours. Damn

mate just watched chappy do the warm up

Carlisle out for Smack, Chappy out for Laverde is the current strong rumour emanating from club.

Can't believe so many people in here are worried about this game. I'm not. Richmond are Richmond, they are mediocre and under pressure they turn it over. I'm quite happy for the Tigers to go in favourites.

Dons by 45.

Tag Houli that’s their driver out of defence.

Win Clearances win game

Bags to do the number on him. Just wear him like a glove.

Bags will go to Delidio…Bags plays in the backline btw.

I think Jerrett will play on Houli…negating role

Correction: Fantasia is playing, but Ashby is not.

Where are all these rumours coming from? Chapman? Chaplin and Rance out would be massive

Football day, carnthemightybombers

Too bad. If you are going to start picking players based on race then you are racist.

this wasn’t about race. this was about a player having a goal, working towards that goal, then believing he could obtain that goal and then not having an opportunity to obtain that goal at the last turn.

but hey, its an aboriginal kid, so it must be about race. and because I’m the one spruiking, its abhorrent

BTW im not blaming the selection panel or the coaches, just the couple of people that lead him to believe he had a shot.

you are right, though Ross, it is.

We cant let sentiment get in the way. That’s not our club anymore.

It's not any club anymore, and shouldn't be

Agree with the first bit, strongly disagree with the second.

we are club that stand together and that’s what has gotten us through the last few years, that is inspiring. But we are a footy club, and sometimes footy clubs take the opportunity to reward individuals because the gesture is bigger than the execution.

and @wannabe, no one at the cub would get ■■■■■■ and giving a kid who is around the mark a game given the sentiment behind this game.

FFS, its not like im screaming for Jake Long to be elevated from the rookie list to get a go at this game, we are talking about a guy who has had a good patch in the 2’s and was the 23rd man last week. Its not the gesture of tokenism you seem to think it is. ■■■■, it was about giving a yard to a kid who set him self the goal in November to get into this game, and tried as best he could to make it happen, because he wanted to represent his people in a game that is by design exactly for that.

You can’t have it both ways Ben…

Honestly I wouldn’t have minded seeing him picked, and it’s a bit embarrassing that we only have a couple of indig kids on our list now after losing Judas & Jetta. In fact Dempsey is probably borderline at the moment so IMO he’s lucky it’s the dreamtime game.

As for sentiment, there is a heap of it for this game, it’s not only our 2nd biggest game of the year, against a massive rival, it’s Fletchers 400th so there wouldn’t be many wanting to step aside because they don’t care about the dreamtime game.

FTR, who do you think should be dropped for Edwards this week?

Jerrett

Doubt that would have happened. Hirdy went out of his way to praise Jezza & his last 2 weeks of footy, aswell as explain his role in the team in the Team selection vid this week.

funny cos he had 5 disposals, 4 marks and 5 tackles. He must be doing ahell of alot off the ball then.

Ironically Davey I don’t think really ever got praise for a similar role by the coaches or alot around here.
Jackson must be one of the boys though, so “his role” is to simply be.

There was one play, early in Q4 from memory, that illustrates why Jackson Merrett gets a game.

Under some pressure, Hurley kicks high & long on his left from deep in defence to relieve pressure. A Lions player, just outside 50m looks set to mark.

The kick has enough hang time to allow an Essendon player to come up and make a spoil without giving away an arm-chop free kick. His own opponent trails closely behind.

The ball spills and this Essendon player manages to battle both Lions players and cause a ball up without getting caught holding in the ball. We were then able to reset.

It was great team play that didn’t involve a stat but almost certainly prevented a scoring shot by the Lions.

That Essendon player was Jackson Merrett.

Well said.

It’s funny because one certain poster bangs on and on about our players who chase kicks over doing the team thing defensively hurting us - Stanton in particular.
Then bags Howlett and Jackson Merrett as well, two guys who’ll often record as many tackles as kicks, and who the coaches often praise & reward when a cursory glance at the stats sheet suggests they didn’t do a lot.

Damned if you do…

Can't believe so many people in here are worried about this game. I'm not. Richmond are Richmond, they are mediocre and under pressure they turn it over. I'm quite happy for the Tigers to go in favourites.

Dons by 45.

Win Clearances win game

Dons by 45.

Win Clearances win game

Bags to do the number on him. Just wear him like a glove.

Stop Deledio. His run, his spread, his long kicking and goal kicking ability. Critical for them to play their best.

McKernan not playing in the VFL. And I don’t see Laverde or Fantasia Ashby either.

Go nuts.

very worried no stanton, carlise sick, daniher sore

tigers tails up. very worried indeed.

Best time to go in with no lube when their tails are up.

McKernan not playing in the VFL. And I don't see Laverde or Fantasia either.

Go nuts.

Fark, when was the last time we made 3 late changes? Q is, are any of Todd Elton, Ben Lennon, Matt McDonough missing for them? Ther has been rumours of Chaplin and Rance being possible late outs.

Too bad. If you are going to start picking players based on race then you are racist.

this wasn’t about race. this was about a player having a goal, working towards that goal, then believing he could obtain that goal and then not having an opportunity to obtain that goal at the last turn.

but hey, its an aboriginal kid, so it must be about race. and because I’m the one spruiking, its abhorrent

BTW im not blaming the selection panel or the coaches, just the couple of people that lead him to believe he had a shot.

you are right, though Ross, it is.

We cant let sentiment get in the way. That’s not our club anymore.

It's not any club anymore, and shouldn't be

Agree with the first bit, strongly disagree with the second.

we are club that stand together and that’s what has gotten us through the last few years, that is inspiring. But we are a footy club, and sometimes footy clubs take the opportunity to reward individuals because the gesture is bigger than the execution.

and @wannabe, no one at the cub would get ■■■■■■ and giving a kid who is around the mark a game given the sentiment behind this game.

FFS, its not like im screaming for Jake Long to be elevated from the rookie list to get a go at this game, we are talking about a guy who has had a good patch in the 2’s and was the 23rd man last week. Its not the gesture of tokenism you seem to think it is. ■■■■, it was about giving a yard to a kid who set him self the goal in November to get into this game, and tried as best he could to make it happen, because he wanted to represent his people in a game that is by design exactly for that.

You can’t have it both ways Ben…

Honestly I wouldn’t have minded seeing him picked, and it’s a bit embarrassing that we only have a couple of indig kids on our list now after losing Judas & Jetta. In fact Dempsey is probably borderline at the moment so IMO he’s lucky it’s the dreamtime game.

As for sentiment, there is a heap of it for this game, it’s not only our 2nd biggest game of the year, against a massive rival, it’s Fletchers 400th so there wouldn’t be many wanting to step aside because they don’t care about the dreamtime game.

FTR, who do you think should be dropped for Edwards this week?

Jerrett

Doubt that would have happened. Hirdy went out of his way to praise Jezza & his last 2 weeks of footy, aswell as explain his role in the team in the Team selection vid this week.

funny cos he had 5 disposals, 4 marks and 5 tackles. He must be doing ahell of alot off the ball then.

Ironically Davey I don’t think really ever got praise for a similar role by the coaches or alot around here.
Jackson must be one of the boys though, so “his role” is to simply be.

There was one play, early in Q4 from memory, that illustrates why Jackson Merrett gets a game.

Under some pressure, Hurley kicks high & long on his left from deep in defence to relieve pressure. A Lions player, just outside 50m looks set to mark.

The kick has enough hang time to allow an Essendon player to come up and make a spoil without giving away an arm-chop free kick. His own opponent trails closely behind.

The ball spills and this Essendon player manages to battle both Lions players and cause a ball up without getting caught holding in the ball. We were then able to reset.

It was great team play that didn’t involve a stat but almost certainly prevented a scoring shot by the Lions.

That Essendon player was Jackson Merrett.

That was really well written

So our unchanged side half a chance to end up walking out as In: Laverde, McKernan, Fantasia Out: Stanton, Carlisle, Chapman

Not sure how i feel about that

Not the worst changes

McKernan has been tearing it up, lav been solid for weeks, fanta been solid for weeks

if we lose it wont be because of the changes imo

Really mind blowing that fanta isnt getting a run, would be the perfect replacement at half forward for chappy.

Mind blowing…
It doesn’t blow my mind.

Why?

My mind is not blown because he is not playing.

To make it a little clearer for you. I can understand why the selection committee choose chapman over a second year player that is not physically ready for AFL footy.

His time will come.

seems reasonable how do explain hardingham not getting a run?

Nope can not explain that one!

I’d like to see him give TBell a chop out in the ruck,then move to fb.

Really mind blowing that fanta isnt getting a run, would be the perfect replacement at half forward for chappy.

Mind blowing…
It doesn’t blow my mind.

Why?

My mind is not blown because he is not playing.

To make it a little clearer for you. I can understand why the selection committee choose chapman over a second year player that is not physically ready for AFL footy.

His time will come.

seems reasonable how do explain hardingham not getting a run?

Nope can not explain that one!