The Team vs Sydney - Round 14 2017

Perhaps Smack will play the JAMAR role?

I have great faith in our small forwards

We just need to get the ball in lour forward 50 quickly they will do the rest

We need to ensure we keep the pace of the game fast and short, it catches the Swans off guard with their lack of pace and their zone type structure

2 Likes

If that happens then you just have to play through McKernan.

1 Like

Hard enough to know what sort of Smack you’ll end up with in Melbourne, let alone Sydney

1 Like

JoeDan to kick 8. Completely obliterates any defender trying to stop him. It’s time Joe.

1 Like

I suspect that it’s do with not wanting to make too many changes to a winning side. And that replacing Hooker and Myers were seen as the more important changes.

Smack’s best is I’d say is about as good as Hooker’s average consistent 2 goal a game multiple assists sort of footy, but Hooker’s best is better, if we get a Hooker on an okay day performance from Smack, the door is open for Raz, Walla, Colyer, Green and JoeDan to kick a bag.

In a contested style game, the ability to have Smack in the middle is pretty handy, I fair say this could even put a spanner in Sydney’s preparations for playing against us.

You cannot deny the X factor of Smack, and the way his intensity around contests lifts his team mates.

Also

THREE RUCKMEN

If they’re smart they’ll use Dingdong till he tires, then bring in Smack to smack em around, then a rested Ding Dong to smash into em again, then Joe at the end of the third to bury the game from 50+ out on the run.

I think the Port game wasn’t even close to our best footy

Go Dons.

11 Likes

Or - if Joe snags a few early, they’ll have to double team and help out and Mckernan will be the main benefactor…

1 Like

I hope he’s got the green light to be the enforcer if Sydney start trying to target a few of our younger stars

2 Likes

The buy worries me

Just by the by, I heard the bye was bi,… but I don’t buy it.

4 Likes

My favourite made up football headline harks back to Paul Roos coaching against North Melbourne and they trick him with some pretend selections who don’t end up playing and Paul’s side loses because of some poor match ups he didn’t see coming, which generates the headline:

ROOS RUES ROOS’ RUSE!

12 Likes

Wider than Etihad. Carry on.

*i think we’ll get rolled also.

B: Baguley Hartley Gleeson
HB: McGrath Hurley Kelly
C: Colyer Heppell McKenna
HF: Fantasia Daniher TIPPA
F: Green Smack* Stewart
R: Belly Watson Zerrett

B: Zaka Goddard Howlett Langford*

–

Still looks a very good team

Only two changes from the side that belted Port.

Langford will be an upgrade on Myers, Smack a downgrade on Hooker but perfectly capable of being a strong marking presence & goal kicker on his day. He has been in great form as a kpf in 2’s.

Hawks beat the Crows last night against the odds. We can def do the same against Swans who might be on a winning streak but still haven’t been playing THAT well as evidenced by being blown away by Tigers early on and still should have lost if Tigers had any idea how to close it out.

Our pace on wings and in fwd line is key. As well as our height/marking power in fwd line.

Daniher BOG coming up. The big games he loves.

1 Like

Stewart says hi.

4 Likes

He’s Broken.

4 Likes

Actually really looking forward to watching TBell being parked at FF while Smack has a go in the ruck

2 Likes

may as well sit on the bench when Smack gives away ruck infringement #12 resulting in another centre clearance to the Swans…

1 Like

Did I miss Worsfold saying Shaun would be playing in the ruck?

I heard him say he was a Key FWD, and would get the chance to play as one this time filling Hookers role, and by that, I expected that T Bell & Joey would continue as per.

Afterall,… why would you fk with that?

EDIT:

4 Likes

Keep up mate, already done!