The Team vs Sydney - Round 14 2017

think he said predominantly forward, some ruck.
Joe is by far and away our most dangerous forward and needs to play closer to goal this week IMO. If he wanders up the ground too much his opponent will simply let him go and fold back on either Smack or Stewart and I’m not backing either of those guys to win to many two on ones. Chook can (and did last week) but these blokes don’t hold a patch on Chook’s contested marking ability.

Why would you want to make it more difficult for him to kick goals???

4 Likes

Gotta isolate him somehow. Honour hit up leads from Stewart or Smack, play on and get it to Joe one out or two on one at worst. But you’ve got to honour that lead for this theory to work. If you continually pump it over the heads of that lead up player the defence will just fold back onto Joe and double/triple team him.

1 Like

We will go our A game to start.

I think for all of us, it’s blocking up the middle that has us concerned on how the team is then able to effectively move the ball forward for a scoring opportunity.

Nope, he didn’t mention the ruck at all,… not in the presser or selection vid’s anyway.

I just wonder if they have developed an alternative to the play up the middle. The Port game I did see Dyson receive the ball along the boundary line a couple of times. I guess it could just be coincidence, but may also be a strategy to mix things up.

1 Like

Hmm, thought I’d read it somewhere. I’ll go hunting.

Switching the play when there’s no option in the corridor isn’t a new thing, they’ve been doing that all year I think. Maybe a case of doing it at the right times against Port.

Hey some people love that ■■■■

7 Likes

Here’s a crazy prediction. We’ll win the free count tonight.

And the game.

3 Likes

I’ll have what your having…

WE ARE GOING TO WIN LID OFF!

1 Like

We may win the game, but pigs will fly before we win the free kick count.

2 Likes

Hope we do football good tonight.

4 Likes

Haven’t lost all year with Smack!

1 Like

Interesting changes for Sydney. They’ve brought in Schmitt, Fleer and Mollison despite Panell being fit. I know that these guys are the future of their club but Panell and Nicholls are champions and usually go well against us.

19 Likes

I got the Cats game right, let’s go for 2 from 2.

We’ll win by 4-5 goals after a tough classy tight first three quarters. Fanta BOG.

1 Like

Think you’re misunderstanding what essington actually is.

What could the selection committee have done differently?

Who are we off our best 22. Parish and hooker? Ambrose probably too but him/Hartley are a flip of the coin imo

2 Likes