The Team vs Sydney - Round 14 2017

AFL are clearly underestimating us by resting their gun umpire.

They will regret this at half time when the free count is only 20-5 in the swans’ favour.

9 Likes

Totally non-biased opinion.

Lav over stewart any day of the week for mine.

This afternoon, Woosha will say to Kyle, " this is your role, should you choose to accept it: Half Back Flank"

Langers: "Any thing you say Woosh, I know all about half back flankers, I have played against them my whole career, but what if I dont accept it Woosh ?

Woosh: " Then I would want you to go head to head with Kennedy"

Langers: “OK , then I need a fast track lesson in defending from Harves, right.”

2 Likes

Yes that’s a no brainer agree but we have been without him all year. Bar darcy and chook, that side named is very good

Myers wasn’t playing back “a fair bit”. Occasionally, in his role as a midfielder (and given our tendency to get smashed in the middle), he was asked to receive the ball in the back line or contest a mark or two. However, in Blitz Land the idea that a midfielder be expected to occasionally catch the ball above his head = “WOOSHFULD CANT COACH MYERS ISNT A HBFER”.

Thankfully, Langers can actually catch a football.

1 Like

Yep, they’ve all been mentioned.

I would have both Ambrose and Hartley in the best 22 though, so I reckon definitely 3 down. I’ve got Laverde as the 4th, but as you state, we haven’t seen him this year anyway.

I do think that Hooker and Ambrose are significant losses though. We are a better and stronger side offensively and defensively when those two are on the ground.

Joey Jo Jo Shabadoo?

1 Like

Ambrose is a walk up start IMO. Hartley is making a case to be in there though, probably at the expense of Gleeson I guess.

1 Like

Yep, I think the 3 talls are a good set-up. Hartley FB, Ambrose lock down on the CHB, and Hurley can roam around and do whatever he likes.

This set-up didn’t work earlier in the year because Hurley and Hartley weren’t in sufficiently good form. Now though, it’d be ideal I reckon. I’m not sure we lose anything at all by replacing Gleeson with Ambrose. Maybe a bit of agility and intercept marking.

On current setup Gleeson would probably come out for Ambrose. We’d be able to play the 3 tall defenders given mobility of Hurley and Ambo.

Ambrose has played on those medium types like Tom Lynch at Crows before. And Hurley also has played on mediums.

Then the only other scenario is Hartley vs Brown, coaches did opt for Brown based on his intercept marking and more attacking game ball in hand earlier in year.

1 Like

Hartley’s finding form and confidence. He obliterated Dixon 2 weeks ago who himself was inform. HUGE test tonight for Hartley, he’s gonna need plenty of help. Hopefully he steps it up again!

Yes BBB, I noticed Myers has been starting on the side of the square, as was BJ , call it “wing” if you like. I guess we will see Langers doing the same and he is like for like in terms of ground speed, but in that role he will have to go back and defend as well as be a sometime marking target as far back as the HBF…

Hoping for a bit of “Razzle Dazzle” tonight. Wouldn’t have liked being goalless v Port even though we did some nice work further afield. Forecast is for good conditions, so no excuses. Come on Dons!

2 Likes

Anyone else fkg peaking?

11 Likes

essington is a mindless, childish and insulting label that would not be uttered by a true supporter.

4 Likes

Nope.

Pre-game hype is over for me. I can’t bring myself to do it.

There’s good pre game hype and there’s Carlton and Richmond pre game hype. This is not the later.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

urns

If we win tonight, I will be commissioning the Blitz Space Program to send the lid off into the farthest reaches of the known universe.

10 Likes