The team vs the Dogs, 2020 round 7

@Nifty_Nev was all over it I thought?

1 Like

Calm the farm people, I’m on my way.

Don’t expect much, im cross eyed, short sighted, short, and don’t know team we’ve put there…actually the latter could be helpful @theDJR

17 Likes

Thanks Nev, look forward to what you will report.

2 Likes

The adelaide Tom Lynch linking forward role.

1 Like

You think he’s more of a magician, than a coach?

New thread for scratch match starting at 2pm

Good post.

Our forwards marking power was not really challenged last time

1 Like

Do you mean his arm ankles? Otherwise known as wrists

3 Likes

Interesting to note… when Dogs lose the contested possession count they lose the game. Even when they’ve won the uncontested possession count in those games, they’ve lost. Here’s hoping our boys can maintain the rage tonight

2 Likes

Have we lost marking power?

Brown and Stringer (as brilliant as he is) are chest mark or nearly nothing
Bags decent for his size i guess
Begley not especially good in the air

Townsend has pretty good hands I think probably better than Brown or Stringer
Laverde not amazing but I think at least equal to Brown
The rest are a nil all draw I think, obviously havent seen Cahill yet but Begley doesnt give him much too Have to beat)

Also what snelling and Cahill lack in the air they will make up for at ground level compared to the snails they are “replacing”

Thanks for this wonderful contribution John.
We definitely shouldn’t let them kick 25 goals in a row (actually 21).
Someone let the coaches know.

Any other pearls of wisdom for us ?

3 Likes

This is a critical point - contested possessions are our weakness and Shiel is one of our best at it so his loss in a big loss.

It has to start with Phillips buffeting English, like he did Grundy, and giving our mids best chance to get their hands on the ball first.

If McKenna doesn’t come up, I would love to see Dylan Clarke in for this very reason.

I wouldn’t be disappointed though if Francis came in - our best match up on Bont when Bont goes forward - and Redman ends up spending some time in the midfield.

Don’t let Bont get 75 disposals?

1 Like

Langford needs to do a job on the Bont if we are any sniff

Aren’t you supposed to be rubbishing SMACK ?
Get back in your lane :yum:

1 Like

John was better when he was Sharon.

1 Like

4 goals

1 Like

Sex change Op ?

If we can play the way we played against Collingwood, and Hooker goes forward if needs be Hooker not Hurley. Hooker is a better kick for goal than Hurley I think. If we can get some early goals on the board it will set us up and not them. If our kicking is bad like it was against Collingwood 11 points, we’ll have our work cut out for us. Go Bombers. Rip’em apart.

Especially when you can bring in nine blokes for six out. :face_with_monocle: