The Team vs the Eagles

Colyer is named on the ground.

Can’t see Green being dropped. Numbers not massive but he is really having an impact with Raz and Walla down there as small forwards. The 25 looks good, personally I’d omit McKenna but he seems to be getting an opportunity to nail a spot in that half back line. Bird deserves a run in the side but in terms of the mids it is hard to know who he replaces…

5 Likes

Thread needs more lost at selection.

6 Likes

Does Bird replace Parish for a week just to freshen him up a bit?

Give McGrath a little bit more run through the middle.

Dunno, just a thought.

Parish has been named on the field!

Many of my thoughts are pretty ■■■■■!!!

Have won 1 of our last 16 at Etihad

YIKES

All part of the process of moving back to the G

1 Like

Last game against the Dees at Etihad was disgraceful skills.

For the love of Zeus can we bring our A game.

I want to sing that farking song at the end of the game - at a Dome, full of Dons fans, and get home to watch the replay and get on blitz.

9 Likes

I don’t think Green deserves to be dropped, but if Woosha wants more grunt, Green is named on the bench and could go.

The other mids can rotate out of the middle when he has a turn, so he could be rotating off the bench when players like Jobe, Zerrett, Parish and Goddard go forward, back or off.

Yeah…and I’ve got a hole in my ■■■■…it doesn’t make me a flower pot.

1 Like

Appreciate that.

I can actually see bird for green. I wouldn’t be suprised if it happens

Dropping Green would be just plain dumb, he’s one of the reasons we managed to hold off geelong ffs.

Mckenna or give Colyer a freshen up if Birdie comes in.

7 Likes

How?

Quick deck at etihad. WC have minimal inside mids, more outside runners.

No chance IMO

If Bird plays it’s for one of our 4 tractors.

More so because raz and Tippa have small forwards covered, and we lack clearance players. I mean, I won’t be disappointed if there is no changes and I think that’s what will happen. But I could see them sacrificing green for another inside type because we are lacking in that area

No changes. Let’s roll these kents

If you are named on the ground you tend to stay in. Would like to see Bird play however. McKenna out. We still have enough speed out there. Bombers by five goals!

We aren’t lacking in clearance players.

It’s just some of those who are playing aren’t getting it done.

The key reasons are IMO

Watson only rolling out 13-20possession games instead of 30+ that other sides main inside mids are.

Leuenberger unable to get a hitout to advantage to save himself. Which affects fluency of entire midfield group. The cohension with ruck and mids def not there at present.

Then we have …

Myers only just getting up to speed, and hasn’t been thrown into significant time at centre bounces/stoppages yet.

Goddard and Hep have been carrying the load.

Adding in Bird to make us even slower won’t help, and also means we lose some of the creativity of Raz or TIPPA up the ground if they playing closer to goal more.

It has to be like for like. Bird should be coming in for our least performed inside mid, at this stage that’s Myers.

Our fwd line is on fire. It won’t be changing.

5 Likes

Sunday ■■■■■■ Sunday