The Team - vs Western Bulldogs - Sun 3.20pm

I don’t know why Cox isn’t considered as a key back. He played back as a junior. Lined up against Reid, he’s 2 cm shorter (200 vs 202 cm) and 4 kg heavier (94kg vs 90 kg). I.e., they’re both tall and skinny, but Cox is a bit shorter (but still bloody tall) and a bit more solid.

Cox’s problem is that for reasons unknown, he hasn’t been much in the play this year and hasn’t done much when he’s got the ball.

If he’s put at full back or CHB we know (a) he’s certainly tall enough, (b) he’s not very big in the body, but he’s bigger-bodied than Reid, and (c) he likes playing back.

We also know that he’ll be in the play because he won’t have a choice.

So why not?

12 Likes

This is our chance to pay the Dogs back big time. Probably won’t though…

putting players where they played in juniors?

26 Likes

Pretty strong talk Reid will play

35 Likes

Reid up forward with 2MP, udersized Dogs backline couldnt cope with that height… Cox can give Draper a chop out around the ground.
Nick Hind to do a defensive job on Bailey Dale.
Hep should hard tag Mcrae, keep him under 25 would be a win.
If Laverde plays :muscle::fist_right::fist_left::muscle:

You are not serious?

Great to see Reid and Bryan in the squad. hope they both play, along with BZT (who’s been doing a good solid job). Time to rest Heppell (but they won’t). I’d like to see BZT, Caldwell, Reid & Bryan in the final team.

2 Likes

Because Laverde hasn’t got up for the game?

Or in place of BZT?

I like Baldwin as a person he has done a remarkable job getting fit enough to play AFL football. But the guy doesn’t or can’t jump off the ground. He can’t take aerial marks and relies on better reading/judgment to take marks whilst flat footed. If you’re playing forward you need to be able to fly for marks. Probably being harsh but that’s just my opinion. Bryan is a great selection. Needs to put on 10kgs but has great potential

1 Like

Ive got Reid in for BZT and Cutler replaces Hind as sub.

BZT emg for Lav.

He can do it. Give the boy some time to get used to the pace of AFL

15 Likes

I’d prefer to be impatient and demand he be dropped. That way I can mock the club for dropping him and demand he play seniors!

21 Likes

Yeah, it’s not really ideal but it’s still 1 true key forward with Cox, Stringer, Waterman, Perkins & Martin supporting, who are all good overhead.

Is that your argument? Pretty average effort.

But seeing as you asked, yes. He is not a winger. He is 200cm and is probably better suited as a Key Position player. I mention Fletcher more to comment on his slight build yet was able to employ his athleticism to take on far more menacing Full Forwards than Cox would have to face in today’s comp.

So whats your counter, or are you just going to toss in the “you’re not serious?” gem.

Our biggest issue is that our 27+ players have no leadership ability and I place Heppell in that category as well. So when things aren’t working on game day, who is there to bring structures back into line……we all saw how Hodge influenced a young Brisbane side, our list needs one of those types especially behind the ball. Sadly we picked up Kelly from a side in the same position as us and he is serviceable but no leader. If some older player from a top side is available this year as a free agent we should get them……it is leadership where we consistently fall over as a club and it’s not just the players, it’s the whole place from top down

1 Like

I’d like to see Reid in for a game if Laverde can’t get up. I’d like to see Hind play as a pressure forward. Hobbs and Perkins to alternate in the middle of Parish can’t get up. So ins for me would be Reid and Hind for Laverde and Parish (both injured). I’m cutting Baldwin some slack and letting him have a crack at Marvel vs some not so great defenders.

I’d like to see Reid and Bryan play. Maybe Lav comes out. Possibly Baldwin. Either way it will be good to see them in the side.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see what the dogs do against our centre clearance game which looks good with stringer and merrett back.

Obviously it’s what won us the game last year and cost them the grand final.

You’d think they’d have a permanent sweeper who doesn’t get sucked in.

13 players under 50 games. Would be close to our most inexperienced side we have ever put out (Yes it is based on the squad of 26)

Lets compare us to North, who are “rebuilding”…

10 Likes

Where can you find this info per round?

We would have to be close to least experienced each round this year?