The Team - vs Western Bulldogs - Sun 3.20pm

Every chance Shiel and Zerk are late in’s. But plenty of messages being sent recently by the coaching department.

2 Likes

Shiel out is a great message. Also our midfield was at its best last year when he was our injured.

9 Likes

Shiel got a chance to redeem himself Anzac Day.

Didn’t do it. Outski.

5 Likes

Would have loved Zerk to continue putting a chunk of games together but he just can’t catch a proper break from Rutten.

2 Likes

We live in a world where Shiel has been omitted for Cutler. Bet nobody saw that coming when we brought both into the club.

33 Likes

See, I felt Hind was costly that last quarter and would be the one who needs a run in VFL to get his confidence back.

Shiel, I think is more a statement. So the sub thing makes sense.

3 Likes

Reid is the future. Zerk is limited while Reid is untapped.

5 Likes

Shiel clearly failed in the standards reset last week.

Very happy with Truck holding him accountable. Line in the sand

7 Likes

Not saying I don’t want Reid playing (he should), but we should also persist with Zerk and really see what he can do over a proper season’s worth of games.

9 Likes

If Shiel can get dropped, how the hell is Dyson Heppell still in the team? Blokes are queuing up to play on him

9 Likes

One is captain and the other isn’t, I would guess being the captain of the club helps.

10 Likes

Reckon we’re nursing him to the 200 game milestone.

3 Likes

If we had any sort of standards, he’d be dropped, regardless of whether he’s captain or not. They could save him some face and say he has an injury

1 Like

I like this. Not having Shiel in the side might hurt us against the Doggies but I think the statement there is we need our midfielders running both ways and tackling. For that I applaud Rutten and the coaching group.

3 Likes

Meh fluff Shiel out they just read blitz and pleasing the members to make more money

I thought we could play Reid and BZT but drop Cox.

Sheil stiff to be honest. Can only thing of 1 bad kick last week (inside 50 entry).

I thought he was a key cog in us dominating clearances last week.

4 Likes

Shiel dropped!

1 Like

With Cutler coming in for Shiel it either leaves us with too many defenders or too many in the outside mid/wing rotations

Someone is going to get shifted into main mid rotation

Is it Heppell? Given Western Bulldogs big bodies and in watching Pendles do what he did last week

Or do we send in Durham / Martin?

Or deploy Perkins into midfield?

Thankfully BZT gone but fmd… bring in cutler?

Biggest antonym of blue collar