The team. Which, by the way, where issss? Round 6 vs Pies is here

I watched a few quarters of the Pies Blues VFL
game at Vic Park on Sat. I noticed Reid’s game. He lead strongly, took some good marks as FF & CHF although his kicking was unreliable.
He was a presence across the forward line and will present problems for us.

I didn’t see WHE play in the 2s at all. Also noted he wasn’t listed as an emergency although he may have been held back from both games given the short turn around time between games.

Those 6 turnovers were the free kicks against?

If so, watch them and see how mad you get at all bar one or two.

Again, it’s regarded as a very tough position and we don’t seem to be being damaged there in any meaningful way.

I’m sure that when/if there is a better option available, they will pick them.

The coaches weren’t scared to put two young players in the backline when spots became available or their form demanded it. They weren’t scared of debuting a kid on a wing when that spot came up.

They obviously don’t care about age at all and pick for position when changes are required

6 Likes

Surely you know the “tea lady”?

1 Like

Good grief, HAP. A footy forum where fans sometimes question coaching decisions and player selections. Bizarre, I know.

You’re kind of making my point, though - they’re not scared to play the kids in basically any other part of the ground when needed and this is purely another instance where I think we can improve by playing someone else in the same role.

Again, I could be wrong. But if Bags is going to continue to get given games, I obviously expect more from him than you (and others) seem to.

Hopefully he kills it today, really. I’ve loved him as a heart and soul player over his career and have no issues with him, other than I think he’s lucky to be getting games at the moment.

EDIT: You’re probably also right re the 6 turnovers all being the free kicks against. Those two things may well be recorded as the same thing, I’m actually not sure on that.

Questioning is fine. That’s the whole point.

I get bemused by the people who literally presume the coaches are absolute idiots who don’t know what they’re talking about.

1 Like

Yes they would be.
You can google these definitions (if you’re really bored!)

FWIW he’s equal 1st at EFC & 10th in the AFL for total goal assists. And 4th at EFC for tackles inside 50. Not completely 100% bad… just pretty bad.

2 Likes

Ha! Fair enough. You take the good with the bad with Blitz.

I’m not that important!

2 Likes

I didn’t realise that he was that going that well in goal assists, which is pleasing to see.

4th best at Essendon for tackles inside 50 doesn’t say much though IMO, considering he’s played every game this year. He’s actually equal 4th, alongside Fantasia. With Stringer, Tippa and Smith all ahead of him.

If you’re glass half empty on Bags, you could argue that out of all our forwards who’ve played every game this year, he’s had the equal least amount of tackles inside 50. With the least amount of goals.

Well somebody’s got to have the least amount of anything.
Unless you want to change the fundamentals of competitive sport and just award participation ribbons?

What an odd response.

So you didn’t realise how foolish your statement was re Bags having the “least amount of tackles” was?
This is in a winning team, with a forward line that’s firing.

Yeah.
He’s not been great.
Just pointing out he’s done a few things passably.

(FWIW I would’ve dropped him this week)

1 Like

Watch the fine we get when Jack Martin is a late in for Baguley.

5 Likes

I think Francis might come in got that feel about it. Don’t know who for though

How is it a foolish statement? I’m arguing that I don’t think he’s playing particularly well and that a younger player could deliver the same output.

I back my argument up with some stats and your response is essentially “well someone has to have bad stats!”, as if that weakens my argument in any way at all.

FFS, this is the real cost of bringing JoeD in from nowhere last week.

Everyone’s a chance at coming in.

1 Like

Nah, there is a difference between saying someone has the least stats and someone has bad stats.

1 Like

Not happy with Parish being dropped again… Don’t understand that decision. Didn’t have a great game against norf but I didn’t think he was that bad.