The Team

Essendon will be bolstered by the return of four key additions ahead of Sunday afternoon‘s match against West Coast at Etihad Stadium.

Ben Howlett, Tayte Pears, Jason Winderlich and Alwyn Davey have all been included in the final team to tackle the Eagles.

Courtenay Dempsey (hamstring), Cory Dell‘Olio, Leroy Jetta and Travis Colyer have made way from the team that lost to Collingwood last weekend.

Essendon coach James Hird said the team was prepared to get back on the winners list on Sunday.

“We need all our supporters there it is obviously a tough time for the club but our players will be looking to get back on track,” Hird said.

“We can hopefully win another game of footy and hopefully get us back into the top four.”

Lol I just posted the same thing. Yours has more info.

Great ins, shame about Demps though

Seems to be a lot of pace left out of the side. 

Bit of pace, but we couldn't even win the contested ball which means those who could run quick couldn't get it anyway.

Do we know if Pridis is officially in or out yet??

Back line is tall. . . Will be interesting…

Do we know if Pridis is officially in or out yet??

He's in pending a late change.

Back line is tall. . . Will be interesting..

Wouldn't be surprised if Carlisle plays fwd actually. Did basically win us the game last time by placed fwd in the 2nd half.

He's in pending a late change.

Cheers... Would prefer it if he were to miss

Cheers... Would prefer it if he were to miss

I'd like them to miss their flight

I'd like them to miss their flight

Ha ha... Yeah... Either way we should win this game, and the scarves will be waving

"West Coast has been significantly boosted, with Mark LeCras, Chris Masten and Matt Priddis all back from injury and Patrick McGinnity earning a recall."

Best team  they've had on the park for some time. We MUST start to find some form. if we drop this one we will be in too big a hole to crawl out of in terms of having an impact in the finals.

I'm winning my tipping comp by one tip and after the last two weeks I though about tipping West Coast BUT i went with the mighty Bombers to win and build towards the finals!!! Go Dons!!!

Really want to see Davey have a great, hard contested, forcing multiple turnovers game

Going to smash them! The Essendon we all love are coming to play this week*

*allegedly

We must do better in our forward line, keep the ball in longer and take the pressure off the back line. For a team with so many possible forwards it has been disappointing most of the year.

We must do better in our forward line, keep the ball in longer and take the pressure off the back line. For a team with so many possible forwards it has been disappointing most of the year.

Licha & Davey will help with that..

I think we have picked a pretty good team this week (very nice ins), however losing Dempsey is a massive blow.

I just hope the players come out with some PASSION this week, and really want to succeed!

I thought Hille was coming in for Bellchambers?

Have we got the final team yet?

I thought Hille was coming in for Bellchambers?

Have we got the final team yet?

Yes, Virginia, there is a game this week.

Jetta emergency; Colyer and Hille played in the VFL today.