The Teams Melbourne v Essendon

MELBOURNE v ESSENDON
Etihad Stadium, Friday March 20, 5.50pm AEDT

Melbourne

1. Jesse Hogan, 2. Nathan Jones, 3. Christian Salem, 4. Jack Watts, 5. Jimmy Toumpas, 6. Chris Dawes, 7. Jack Viney, 8. Heritier Lumumba, 11. Max Gawn, 12. Dom Tyson, 13. Jordie Mckenzie, 14. Lynden Dunn, 17. Sam Frost, 18. Daniel Cross, 19. Ben Newton, 20. Colin Garland, 21. Cameron Pedersen, 22. Viv Michie, 24. Jay Kennedy-Harris, 25. Tom McDonald, 31. Jack Grimes, 36. Jeff Garlett, 37. Aaron vandenBerg, 39. Neville Jetta, 40. Mark Jamar, 44. Rohan Bail, 45. Matt Jones

Essendon
3. Paul Chapman, 6. Joe Daniher, 7. Zach Merrett, 9. Brendon Goodard, 10. Nick O’Brien, 11. David Zaharakis,12. Mark Baguley, 13. Adam Cooney, 14. Jason Ashby, 19. Shaun Edwards, 20. Jackson Merrett, 27. Jon Giles, 28. Elliott Kavanagh, 29. Patrick Ambrose, 30. Kyle Langford, 33. Jayden Laverde, 35. Marty Gleeson, 36. Lachlan Dalgleish, 41. Will Hams, 42. James Gwilt, 44. Shaun McKernan, 46. Orazio Fantasia, 47. Marcus Marigliani, 54. Josh Freezer, 72. Clinton Jones, 73. Mitch Brown, 75. Jared Petrenko

LAV

Baguley getting a run I see…

Quoted Post

Baguley getting a run I see....

Would’ve been a first year (rookie listed) player in 2012 - like Dalgleish (and NOB/Kav! on the main list)

So that’s 27 players, 3 to drop out I think it is.

HAMS and JayLav better play.

(Apologies to JayLav… Jayden… ah fark, I better ask his uncle tomorrow if he has an acceptable name.)

KEILOR!

Quoted Post

So that’s 27 players, 3 to drop out I think it is.

HAMS and JayLav better play.

(Apologies to JayLav… Jayden… ah fark, I better ask his uncle tomorrow if he has an acceptable name.)

Essendon website says it will be cut to 26 so perhaps they named extra last week. If it’s one to be cut then I suspect it’ll be one of the five top up players.

I’m pretty sure they said something about wanting all the list to play 2.

Has anyone (particularly important senior types) already played 2? I think Kav & O’Brien did, Jerrett?

Bags, awesome.

Laverde too!

Hams…hopefully can improve that centre performance…

Will be awesome to see Hams and Laverde.

This pre season is growing on me.

Melbourne actually look pretty close to full-strength.

with Baguley named, doesn’t that mean we are down to 18 2012 listed players who have not played in the NAB Challenge.

Thus meaning, we are either so confident of the players being cleared we don’t care that they can now be identified, or we decided it is more important to get game time into everyone who isn’t facing an infraction notice.

We were told there were 25 2012 listed players and 18 had been issued infraction notices.

First NAB challenge, Kav, O’Brien, Dagleish and Jerrett all named, taking the figure down to 21.

We are already aware Zaka and Winders weren’t facing Infraction notices which in Zaka’s case was further confirmed when he played last week.

That takes the total down to 19 and now with Baguley being named we are down to the magic number of 18.

Some brief training observations RE the squad:

Hams and Laverde both trained well this morning. DJR would’ve been salivating at some of Hams’ work in close. He is definitely a wild card in season 2015. I definitely rate him above NO’B and Kav as an inside prospect.

Salsa (Laverde) is still finding his voice amongst the group, but moves effortlessly across the turf and oozes class. Really looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the table on Friday evening.

Long and McKenna both had some exceptional moments would’ve liked to have seen them get another run.
Though at this stage, there’s still a bunch of post-2012 fringe guys auditioning for round 1, who need this game to stake their claim.

FWIW, All of the non-selected ‘top ups’; Polkinghorne, Magner, Clisby and Michael trained.

Was excited to see Kommer kicking the pig skin for the 1st time this pre-season. Baby Steps I know, but this was tangible evidence that he’s finally made progress.

Mark Corrigan did a lot of one on one work with the 1-3yr players today.
Seems to bring a good energy and has a strong rapport already. He and Neil Craig spent some quality time with Langford towards the end of the session working on his tackling and finishing.
Kyle, looks to demand a lot of himself on the track, in a similar fashion to D.Heppell. Lid is well and truly off on this kid.

Also overheard Alessio talking up the pre-season of Trav Colyer. Expect to see him go up another gear this year.

B Mark Baguley Mitch Brown Lachlan Dalgleish
HB Jason Ashby Josh Freezer Marty Gleeson
C Zach Merrett Brendon Goodard Jackson Merrett,
HF Kyle Langford Patrick Ambrose Jayden Laverde
F Paul Chapman, Joe Daniher Jared Petrenko
R Jon Giles David Zaharakis Adam Cooney
Int Nick O’Brien, Shaun Edwards Elliott Kavanagh, Will Hams, James Gwilt, Shaun McKernan, Orazio Fantasia, Marcus MariglianiClinton Jones.

Baguley is back which is good. Hams and laverde first games of 2015.

one thing this saga has helped with during the preseason is their is a small modified group.

Heppell knee 50/50, hocking and Kommer most likely not in selection for round 1

rest of the list fit…which is good.

Quoted Post

with Baguley named, doesn't that mean we are down to 18 2012 listed players who have not played in the NAB Challenge.

Thus meaning, we are either so confident of the players being cleared we don’t care that they can now be identified, or we decided it is more important to get game time into everyone who isn’t facing an infraction notice.

We were told there were 25 2012 listed players and 18 had been issued infraction notices.

First NAB challenge, Kav, O’Brien, Dagleish and Jerrett all named, taking the figure down to 21.

We are already aware Zaka and Winders weren’t facing Infraction notices which in Zaka’s case was further confirmed when he played last week.

That takes the total down to 19 and now with Baguley being named we are down to the magic number of 18.

And yet I heard numerous times that Fletch didn’t have an infraction notice. Weird.

1. Mark Baguley 54. Josh Freezer 42. James Gwilt

2. Jason Ashby 73. Mitch Brown 36. Lachlan Dalgleish

3. Jackson Merrett, 10. Nick O’Brien, 11. David Zaharakis

4. Jon Giles, 41. Will Hams, 9. Brendon Goodard,

5. Adam Cooney, 29. Patrick Ambrose, 30. Kyle Langford,

6. Paul Chapman, 6. Joe Daniher, 7. Zach Merrett,

7. Marty Gleeson, 19. Shaun Edwards, 28. Elliott Kavanagh, 33. Jayden Laverde, , 44. Shaun McKernan, 46. Orazio Fantasia, 47. Marcus Marigliani, 72. Clinton Jones, 75. Jared Petrenko

Just read another report claiming that only 17 of our remaing 2012 listed players are facing infraction notices, I’m sure 18 was the number being bandied around by the media, but if it is 17, I suppose Fletch might be the other one without one.