The Tennis Thread - from Jan 2020 (Part 1)

I’m so pleased to see so much Djoko love in this thread. One of my favourite all time sportsmen in any sport. Guy is a next level warrior

2 Likes

Ash Barty did an Essendon choked in a final

I was a NOLE fan when you jerks were tonguing Roger’s nuts for beating nobodies a decade back.

I miss shirt off scream in serbian djoko.

Thiem will win the final

Thiem won’t win a set IMO if he plays like he is tonight. If he plays like he did against Rafa he may pinch 1 set but Novak is a step up again

I’m not sure what you guys are watching. The standard tonight is still very good.
No doubt Thiem played better the other night.

But Novak hasn’t played anyone that is playing anywhere near this level. He’s got to step up from a very soft draw.
Last night was a way lower standard. Novak didn’t do anything special last night. Roger was just ordinary

1 Like

Novak still had gears to go, just did what he had to. Even how well Thiem played against Rafa he was broken in every set and has been broken numerous times tonight. Novak is the best return of serve in the business and will feast on his serve IMO. I said right from the first round that he looked atleast a class above anyone else in this comp and I think this will end up like last years final

in all the time ive watched djokovic, ive never seen him need a practice match at full strength to get into that gear.

also worth noting, djokovic meticulously prepared for every opponent, he will dismantle thiem.

Maybe Thiem doesn’t want to thrash zverev because they’re bff?

What happened to Chung? That must have been a ■■■■■■ bad blister he got 2 years ago. Hasn’t been sighted since

Wow Zverev…

This is what’s stopping him from being a top 4 player, mental fragility.

Thiem will trouble Djokovic

I expect NOLE to win, because he’s that good, but thiem will push him more than anyone this tournament

5 Likes

Thiem was the aggressor and deserved to win that.

1 Like

IF Ash wins 3 slams, spends 12+ months as No 1, 5 years in the top 5, wins a gazillion $s in prizemoney and spends/invests it wisely, and can manage to stay a humble and authentic human being, then that would put her amongst the best tennis people of all time.
That’s where she is currently tracking, and all the knockers who don’t understand the things that really matter, can GAGF.

4 Likes

I fell asleep so I missed the end. So happy for Dominic. I hope he can do something amazing on Sunday.

3 Likes

Thiem goes alright. Lot of fight in the dog. But I reckon Novak’s got him covered.

Watched most of Ash’s games this tournament and I thought there was something not quite right with her. Her loss was a poor performance- very average serve in the first set, think she was at 50% first serves going in. She seemed slow and was making too many unforced errors. Hope it was just an aberration because she’s better than that. Hope Sofia wins today.

I see kyrgios posted a photo with tennys sandgren captioned “me and tennys love novak” Its since been deleted

Still a flog. Still obsessed with NOLE