The Tennis thread

I think I have a new favourite female tennis player

Just so weā€™re clearā€¦Bartoli is making a comeback?!?

Camilla Giorgi on CH 73 atm

BARTOLI

1 Like

And she is giving @saladin 's gal radwanska a run for her money

BAR

TOLI

STEP OFF IVAN

1 Like

Havenā€™t watched much of De Minaur.

Watching him tonight. The kid is seriously talented.

1 Like

Any idea what his ranking will jump to if he wins this?
Is he a chance to automatically qualify for the Aussie open? Heā€™s 167 at the moment but should jump a bit after this Sydney tournament.

Or does he have a wildcard?

Has a wildcard. Is already drawn to play Berdych first round.

1 Like

And a big chance to knock him off the way heā€™s playing

Good to see Tomic is going through qualifying - It was a wise decision to miss the Wildcard playoff last month, so he could perform a training block to set himself up for 2018.

Bernieā€™s out, but still pocketed $30,000 for the loss. And now he has time to pick up a pay cheque in the jungle.
And let the media know it, by saying ā€œheā€™s off to count his millionsā€ when they asked him what heā€™s going to do now.

Classy exit as always. Bernie really is a waste of space.

Would someone please tell Bernie that if you can count your millions, you are not rich.

Maybe give him Mark Phillipousisā€™ phone no so he can ask Mark what its like to be broke.

Based on his trajectory right now Bernie will be broke even before his career is over.

2 Likes

If he continues his fairly extravagant lifestyle, but not actually earn decent money, he will have nothing within a few years. What a d1ckheadā€¦

1 Like

he got $30k for not even making it through qualifying?

Yep. $50,000 if u lose first round. 30,000 if u make last round of qualifying.
They increased all the prizemoney a few years back to compensate lower ranked players who made the effort to come here. Its a long way and expensive.

I could not agree more. Why is it that so many male tennis players are complete fuckwits?

1 Like

Their parents are f wits?