The Tennis thread

Upon first inspection of Serenas face thats all I could see. Albeit less overt.

And I stand by that. She just pulled those cards to try and get herself out of the hole sheā€™d dug for herself.

1 Like

If the cartoonā€™s aim was to make S Williams look as hideous and ugly as possible, then he/she has achieved it.

Interesting that he/she has chosen to depict N Osakaā€™s complexion that way. Her tone is almost as deep as Williams.

If his/her aim was to depict S Williams as a big, scary negro and the umpire and opponent as meek and civilised white people, then they have achieved that too.

4 Likes

Applying code violations from the umpireā€™s chair is inherently subjective. It has to be. Sometimes the judgement of the official goes with you, sometimes against you. Thatā€™s the nature of understanding and regulating ethical conduct.
There was no racism or sexism here, but rather just the judgement call of an official.

6 Likes

good luck with that.

He/She is Mark Knight

If you know Mark Knightā€™s work then you know he draws everyone like that.

Diggers I really like your contributions to this forum. Youā€™re one of my favourite posters.

Weā€™ll have to agree to disagree on this. Iā€™m not saying any more.

1 Like

He draws dark skinned Japanese/Haitian girls as white skinned with blond hair?

Heā€™s very complementary when he chooses to be.

1 Like

Hmmm. Not to be picky but why is that complimentary? Unless you mean in his view?

Aside from that itā€™s bog ordinary race caricature and heā€™d almost certainly know that in doing it he would raise a stink. Clicks and outrage is the business.

I get the impression he chose to depict maggot Ramos and N Osaka that way to further compliment the ā€˜grotesque negroā€™ on the other side of the court.

What better way to distinguish good from bad than in the time honoured way of ā€˜blackā€™ and ā€˜whiteā€™?

Black= Bad, Whiteā€¦

You havenā€™t seen too many pics of Naomi have you? If you have you would see she has blond highlights in her hair so that when she has it in a pony-tail it looks blond.

1 Like

I think l must be color blind. Osakaā€™s skin tone in that pic is not white. Her tone could be darker for accuracy but claiming that sheā€™s drawn as a white girl is outrage gone out of control.

2 Likes

What?

Youā€™ve got a future as a rep for Dial an Excuse.

I agree. You must be colour blind.

1 Like

And you ignore facts to run off at the mouth like the person you are defending.

1 Like

N Osaka has black hair and a deep brown complexion. If you donā€™t agree then you donā€™t know what she looks like.

Go onto Google.com/images, type in her name and LOOK AT THE PICTURES. I would give you one but I am not set up to put pics in here. There are many, many of them that show her pony-tail with BLOND HAIR.

The fact you wonā€™t look but continue to comment without any facts shows you cannot be trusted to approach this with any sense of reason or understanding.

But keep going, feel free.

1 Like

Just saw the video with the outburst. That Serena Williams bloke could do great things in our midfield

4 Likes

Ash Barty has won the doubles title with Coco. Great effort. Still only 22.

6 Likes

I know this runs the risk of annoying Diggers even more, but Osaka is hot. Leaves Williams for dead

1 Like