The Tennis thread

Yep he won through the qualifiers.
So hopefully he has some form.

1 Like

I rate Kok.

He’s had terrible run with injuries

1 Like

I unfortunately agree for the 1st time ever on what Tomic said. Tomic behaves like a total ■■■■■■■ but Hewitt has to leave sometime.

Yeah he really does slug his guts out and leaves them allover the pavement

1 Like

I saw Kok and Kyrgios at Wimbledon quite a few years back before they were known publicly in the Jnrs draw playing doubles together.

They were toying with the opposition and were already showing a cocky attitude.

Having witnessed that one match I thought Australia was going to dominate tennis for a decade.

How wrong was I.

Bernie T goes bang - straight from the Deflection 101 playbook…

1 Like

images%20(2)
Anyone find out what Rafa’s mystery puddle last year was? Will it make an appearance this year?

I once went to a round one match where Henin was playing an Aussie wildcard. She was 16, had a long Polish surname. Got double bagled and was no where near it. The girl was ranked 600+, so obviously she knew someone. Who the fark with that ranking gets a wild card to a GS at that age? TA stink, and they have done for years, that’s the only reason why one should give any credence to what Tomic is saying. Even four corners did an episode about them some time ago now.

1 Like

And self-promotion is a wonderful thing.

Not that I know the first thing about boxing, but, aside from results, that assertion is about as subjective as you can get, and therefore valueless.

A few years ago, a mathematician did a statistical analysis to compare sportsmen against their contemporaries, because that really is the only fair way to do it. You have to assume that a player born in 1920 cannot be compared with a player born in 1980 because of advances in training and nutrition.

The comparison was based on how many standard deviations you are from your peers’ average.

Bradman was over 6 standard deviations better…Babe Ruth was between 3 and 4.

And if I were to say that Franz Beckenbauer was the greatest soccer player of all time, or even greatest defender, how could that be measured? And with assertions like these, you have to have measurements.

2 Likes

I totally agree.

I personally believe that the impact on culture is part of it as well. Thats just me though.

On that basis I would have Federer and Michael Jordan as equal number 1.

But realistically you cant measure it.

Guys like Kelly Slater would come into the equation if there was some true formula to measure it by.

Bradman’s prowess caused the incident that saw relations between Oz and the Poms probably at their lowest ebb.

I just think the whole argument is absolutely futile and very Andrew Maherish.

1 Like

And on the nude tennis, and asking for a friend, when does Eugenie Bouchard play?

1 Like

Bradman has obviously got to be in the equation.

I was shocked to see that he was the feature portrait in the Long Room at Lords when I visited a couple of years back.

He is clearly respected not just in our own country but anywhere they play cricket.

How the frig did that get deleted.
It’s on par with my form.
What gives blitz

Seriously the PR firm employed by Tennis Australia closes down the Tomic press conference after 5 minutes. Censorship at its best. When Tomic in 2018 and Kokkinakis in 2019 fail to get Wildcards you know something is up. Lets give wildcards to players of limited ability.

I am more interested in the ATP players council lead by Djokovic want a percentage of prize money from Grand Slams. The Eastern europeans like value for money.

2 Likes

All attacked Tomic on a personal level without actually addressing the main accusation which is the conflict of interest.

Will be swept under the carpet and no doubt all Australia will have to show for it is 3 talented tennis players without a country to call home.

She is playing now. If she wins she plays Serena. You and @Diggers could watch together!

Lmfao. Bernard effing Tomic. He’s a flog of the highest order. First it was Pat Rafters fault as Davis Cup captain, whom he refused to speak to. Now it’s Hewitt’s fault.

The plain truth is we have a couple of temperamental, illogical, unstable, half arsed diks with a sense of way overblown entitlement to try to “manage”. They can’t even decide if they actually like the sport, they give up mid match, feign injuries, threaten retirement and whinge about their subsequent treatment. Eff them and the ground they walk on.

As for the conflict of interest bit, it may be true. But (regards to Davis Cup) perhaps if you’ve made yourself unselectable , you’ve left a very small crop to choose from. As for the Aus Open insinuations, I have no info on who’s coming through that do or don’t deserve wildcards.

Cretins.

7 Likes

Bolt just beat Sock.
maybe he did deserve a place.

1 Like