The Tennis thread

When he spends part of the presser claiming he wants to play Davis Cup again “because I want our best players playing” and another part saying " I hope I’m not playing too much tennis, there’s better things to do than play tennis" , and he’s basically always treated the entire sport with contempt, then yeah, close it off. He got longer than I’d have given him.

He can call his own presser if he wants to rant about others and make accusations. Tell your story walking, sunshine. The Aus Open is not his pulpit for his usual obsfucating crap. It’s a grand slam tournament that owes him nothing.

Edit: I’m happy for someone to look closely at any alleged Hewitt conflicts of interest. I’m not a fan of Hewitt beyond his tennis record for his country. It’s also worth noting that TA run a management arm too. But the Aus Open is not the vehicle for this stuff. He also dragged kygrios, kokk, Bolt and others into something whilst they’re meant to be focused on playing.

5 Likes

Is he?

John McEnroe is hurting my ears.

With our rich tennis history surely we can find somebody to do a better job than him.

She’s cooked and never played well here. She’s choked several times, I agree with you there. However, Kyrgios and Tomic have not achieved ■■■■ compared to her, nor even Philippoussis for that matter.

Bernard?

1 Like

Krygios already looks like he wants to give up, yeah nice.

That would be compulsory viewing

YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!

2 Likes

Injury timeouts, shaking his head after every point and muttering to himself looking like he hates it. Honestly Nick, just take a year off if you hate it so much. I like him but he does my head in when I watch him do this stuff.

Lol

Needs to be in caps

1 Like

I’m told you need an injury break just walking down the street.

You’ll need a permanent injury break if you keep that up.

1 Like

Kyrgios does appear to look soft around the edges. Could be due to injury hampering his efforts to train or his injuries could be due to poor training effort. It’s hard to tell. What is obvious is that he has most of the tools to become cemented in the top ten. Still, he’s fun to watch either way.

Stosur won a grand slam and was a top 10 player for five or 6 years. You seem like another who watches tennis once a year.

4 Likes

As usual an excellent post by Saladin. I am not fussed whether Tomic raises this issue at the Aussie Open, though i am concerned that the PR at the Aussie Open cut short the presser

I am also concerned that Tomic and Kokkinakis didnt get Wildcards for the last 2 aussie opens. The bigger concern is that TA nominated Kokkinakis to play at the 2016 Olympics after he had played one tournament in close to 12 months, while at the same time TA allowed Chiller and the AOC to bully Tomic and Kyrgios out of the Olympics. TA are a joke

They should make the effort to not need a wildcard option. And based om Tomic’s abilities to not win very many games at opens, he shouldn’t get a WC, they are not lollies to handed up for the sake of it. I would have thought Nick maybe but he has been injured and not really up to it for a bit now. The Kokk maybe as well, but again his form hasn’t been great and he finally admitted if he worked on his ranking he wouldn’t need a WC either.

1 Like

Rainic looks legit fat.

He is still out working Kyrgios

1 Like

Nick is the definition of a show pony.

Enough of the strawman and stop being an apologist - how would you describe her performances at Australian Open with one word.

On a different topic - Courier >>>>> McEnroe

1 Like