The Tennis thread

I think a pony who goes to shows would more accurately fit the definition

Tomic has spent much of his career telling the world that he doesnā€™t care about tennis and is only in it for the money. Personally, Iā€™d make him go through qualifiers every single tournament. No freebies for such an attitude.

Kokk is a very strange case. Hard to decipher what is going on around his injuries, form, attitude etc. Iā€™d love to know the inside stories. I also think heā€™s caught in the two ratbags wake to an extent, but thatā€™s just my surmising.

Iā€™ve thought TA were useless since I was a kid and saw the political garbage that their so-called pathways got mired in.

2 Likes

I donā€™t mind Courier.

McEnroe is not showing the same flamboyance he did as a player

1 Like

If Kyrgios could just improve his shot selection he would be top ten even without getting fit.

He needs a coach

The elephant in the room of course is that weā€™re about to lose all three of Tomicā€™s so called ā€œbest playersā€ in the first round (for various reasons) with only one of them managing to win a set.

The one most likely to have the mental fortitude to make something of his talent canā€™t buy a clear injury run. The other two continuously implode, and continually blame others for it. All the talent in the world, too scared to be uncompromising and excuse-free with it. Thatā€™s not a TA issue.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s a bit unfair to continually lump Kok in with the other two.

Heā€™s younger for starters but has had lots of injury problems and as far as I can see hasnā€™t had anywhere near the same amount of bad publicity the other two have had.

Iā€™m still hopeful he will be ok.

1 Like

Itā€™s so hard to get passionate about tennis when your country is represented by dickheads.
YAWN!
Put the resources into lawn bowls, or better still, darts.

1 Like

Agree. Heā€™d certainly be better off without those two continually getting his name raised.

1 Like

Yep.

If he was smart he would stop hanging g around them all together.

Heā€™s still got a future.

If he canā€™t get fit then itā€™s all academic who heā€™s mates with.

1 Like

Heā€™s tennisā€™ version of Gumby.

TBH I am getting sick of hearing how these players have a future while i keep waiting for them to actually do something, make it a fair distance at more regular intervals. Until they actually start achieving this mythical potential I have given up worrying about them. I will always cheer on an Aussie player but I rarely believe they will do much.

1 Like

I am unsure if you understand how wildcards operate. They are used for up and comers or talented long serving players of the home nation whoā€™ ve had a poor year or an injury affected year and even for long serving players with an excellent history in this event. Itā€™s petty minded for TA to deny Kokkinakis and especially Tomic with his service wildcards. Yet they give Tsonga and Sock wildcards after they suffered from injury. TA has to learn to look after itā€™s players.
suffered from injury

1 Like

How has Kok been able to show what he can do?

I think he is being unfairly labeled because of the other two. Thatā€™s just me.

These uber eats ads with Kygrios and Gavrilova being broadcast straight after being eliminated in straight sets seems close to what really happened on court.

6 Likes

Perhaps they thought some tough qualifying games would be good for him, since heā€™s played so little tennis. Heā€™s been granted a wildcard twice before, its not like heā€™s never been given one.

Come on, Tomic doesnā€™t need looking after.
And lets face it, heā€™s spat in the face of TA every chance heā€™s had.
I have no sympathy him at all.

TA, AFL, ACB - all overpaid people in high places - and jokes

Yet TA get Kokkinakis to play in the 2016 Olympics after one tournament in over 6 months but no WC for the Aussie Open. TA have no idea.

Tomic played lots of Davis Cup matches for Australia. Strange way of spitting in their faces.