The Tennis thread

Can Ash Barty win the open?

Opportunist?

I think you better go have a look at Lleyton early history mate.

He was probably the most successful menā€™s teen to play the game.

Lleyton was scary good.

Kyrgios wont make a final in a slam let alone win oneā€¦reminds me of Monfils.

Yes

Boris Becker

1 Like

1st point of business for De Minaur needs to be ā€œimprove the serveā€. Getting very little assistance in his own service games. And if Rafa is going to stand that far back then Alex needs a decent swinging serve out wide.

1 Like

Yes, but not this year.

If was dedicated to the game and professional he would already have 2 or 3 slams.

Kyrgios is a massive talent but also a massive idiot.

1 Like

L Hewitt won the right amount of titles. A little earlier or a little later and he wouldnā€™t have won any.

1 Like

Fair call.

Lleyton broke all sorts of records for holding number 1 in successive weeks and many others as well.

He was a gun.

1 Like

if safin wasnā€™t a basket case, no one shouldā€™ve have won grand slams during his peak.

2 Likes

de minaur has to hit the edges, he cannot hope to beat rafa by dropping them 1-2 away from the lines.

Warming to the task at least.

Having a real crack to break one back here.

They compared nadal at same age as Demon and he already had 16 titles had won french open and was world number 2 Nadal >>>>>>>>>>>Hewitt

1 Like

Rafa hasnā€™t had to go out of second gear.

Absolute walk in the park.

I disagree.

He was still competing even through his 20ā€™s but was constantly injured.

I think our tall poppy nation hammered him when he was at the top of his game.

You seem to be a far better judge of tennis players than you are of test batsmen

1 Like

Guys. Heā€™s an undeveloped 19 years old, having played 5 matches in 6 days in mostly searing heat. Of course his fcking serve isnā€™t getting him heaps of free points. How many 19 year olds right now are doing what heā€™s doing?

2 Likes

Just wait till he starts losingā€¦

1 Like

Yeah Nadal was obviously dominant on clay.