The Tennis thread

If Federer wasn’t around, Lleyton would have won many more titles.

Of the majors, he lost 2004 US open final , 2005 Wimbledon SF, 2005 US open SF, 2008 Wimbledon QF all against Fed

1 Like

Absolutely she could win it this year.
Faces Sharapova coming back into the game. Barty has a good mojo going on at the moment.

Yep, & if my Sister had balls she’d be my Brother. :smile:

1 Like

Nice :grin:

Clay, Hard court, grass, gravel, sand…

Yep, seemed to always lose to player that went on and won the title.

1 Like

Absolutely

Hear about the 2 women got kicked out after fighting over a headband?

I feel for the poor girl in the middle. Crowd was laughing. :grin::grin::laughing:

1 Like

You kidding? He’s many major knee surgeries, wrist surgeries, foot problems and back problems requiring him to withdraw from numerous Grand Slams and cost him a final against Wawrinka where he still played it out despite being badly hampered. And that’s not including a genial defect in his feet. He carefully needs to manage his body to get through tournaments. This not Tomic trying to pull a sickie because he’s losing, this is a man with an injury list the size of your leg and working through it best he can. Jesus. If there’s anyone that has earnt the respest of playing injured it’s him.

3 Likes

Nadal didn’t come in until years later.

I’m not sure if the comparison.

Even when he did finally come on he didn’t win on any surface but clay for a long time.

The slowing of the hard courts and grass have assisted Nadal a lot in his career in my opinion.

Great champion of course but I don’t have him as high as others.

Hes the real GOAT.

looking scarily accurate in this prediction

1 Like

Helicopter vs Swatter. See ya next year De Minaur

If he didn’t pull out so often and then play a major a few weeks later he might have earned more respect.

He certainly tries his guts out.

But imo he’s lost a fair bit of respect by withdrawing so often in the last 18 months

Djokovic is worse I reckon.

He literally plays dead in games to put off his opponent and then all of a sudden looks like superman.

2 Likes

Thats what seperates champions from the rest.

Playing dead makes you a champion?

Ok!

That’s the entire point, CB. If he can make the serve a bit more of a weapon it’ll make a huge difference to these long games and long matches.

Might seem to you like they playing dead…moments in any game you can have flat spots ect. only the champions can dig deep against adversity and come up trumps.

FCKN LOL. He pulls out so he can keep playing tennis and MANAGE his absolutley shot body, you want him to play every secondary ATP title to risk his body? Ridiculous. I’m sorry but if he’s lost your respect then you have very little idea about tennis, I’m guessing a very casual fan who watches very little tennis outside of the Australian Open and maybe another slam here or there.

Nadal has lost absolutely zero respect. He pulls out of tournaments because his body literally can’t cope with the workload, he pulls out of Slams because his body has to be carefully MANAGED otherwise he’d have been finished years ago. He plays the most physically grinding game in history and carries probably the most injuries I’ve ever seen a man carry but still managing to win the second most Slams in history. The guy is an all time great.

3 Likes