The Tennis thread

Is Monfils just a lucky tennis player?

Once or twice.

Hewitt struggled because his serve let him down. Often had a poor % first serve and it would go missing at vital stages in the match - turning everyone of his service games into a struggle. Ultimately heā€™d get broken and then have to dig deep to break back.

2 Likes

Lleyton actually beat him 7 out of their first 9 matches and thatā€™s not including Davis Cup in which he beat him in that historic 5 set match.

I get your point though.

people are forgetting how ā– ā– ā– ā–  federer was until it clicked. headband and pony tail federer deserved to lose.

Federer was the best jnr to come through and was also already being touted as the next big thing before he joined the tour. So thatā€™s just wrong.

Lleyton in the other hand did not have an exceptional jnr career.

1 Like

Im no expert, but I think he had a change of attitude in big part due to his mentor Peter Carter who diedwhen he was 21 or so. Apparently he was super talented but just stunk it up will attitude of Tomic/Super brat early on. I think once he sorted this it all came together for him.

1 Like

Youā€™d kill to be able to grow a worthwhile ponytail, Millennial.

Yep, Federer was known to be a hot head through juniors.

images%20(5)

Sorry whatā€™s he holding?

1 Like

Teaming up with Miss M Hingis at the Hopman Cup as a 17yo was the turning point.

No one knew who he was but during the acceptance speech, she said that people will be seeing a lot more of him because he will be the best player in the world one day.

I love you, Martina!

4 Likes

Millennials are such fuckups.

speaking of martina, iā€™m pretty sure i was teh game where they decided to put those arches over the players tunnel into the court.

some absolute nutter (possibly you) was leaning so far over the fence to a get a signature he fell face first onto the hard court in front of martina and knocked himself out cold. she was promptly rushed into safety for fear of another seles incident.

edit was at hisense at the start of her come back.

Lol. That wasnā€™t me but I have the potential to be ā€˜that guyā€™.

Donā€™t think he won too many looking like thisā€¦but he was only 18 at the time.

Is he holding a bunch of oranges?

2 Likes

deserves to have his record expunged after that hair cut.

Peter Carter was credited with moulding Federer into being a better player. Losing him in 2002 was the ā€œwake up callā€ Federer needed.

1 Like

hsieh will always have my respect for that stupid double handed forehand.

Naomi osaka will save womens tennis.