The Tennis thread

Made me sick seeing him push his way into getting beside Barty for a photo op on the news. So clear he only had thoughts for that and fk all else,

Worm.

2 Likes

Show me a PM who doesnā€™t weasel their way into a major sporting event. They all do it

Melbourne has the second highest Greek population in the world behind Athens and half of them barrack for Essendon, common taters be silly

1 Like

Federer is in big trouble.

1 Like

Federer playing like a 37 year old

1 Like

Lost a yard? Not sure heā€™s as cooked as Goddard who couldnā€™t bend down and pick it up though.

Iā€™d have thought most follow Richmond.

Christ what a shot by federer

Lineswoman should be shot for that. How can you call out two hits after the fact?

Federer gone.
About time, heā€™s been struggling for the last 15 years

5 Likes

Gracious in defeat, said his opponent was simply better than him

Hopefully the match they had 3 weeks ago taught that fat mole how to be gracious.

Who are you talking about?

I agree with Federers complaint about players calling for the trainer for cramp.

Injury-yes, but calling for cramp is bullsh!t.

Um what?

I think he is referring to Federer and Serena playing doubles together and hoping that some of Federerā€™s attitude has rubbed off on her

1 Like

If thatā€™s the case, then itā€™s definitely fair to hope for that, but there is no chance she has learnt anything.
I really hope they give her that Ramos dude as umpire at some stage this week

4 Likes

Yep, heā€™s an ordinary tennis-player who just got luckyā€¦ the tennis equivalent of Pujara.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll put my hand up. Does not bother me in the slightest, and I find the histrionics from the commentators about it as pathetic.

When Nadal grunts his way through a 5 setter. no one says anything. As soon as a woman grunts commentators have all sorts of hissy fits. Isnā€™t Maria allowed to put in the same effort as Rafael? Apparently not.

All of the players play a physical game these days the giant racquets and slower courts have meant that massive long rallies and long matches are the norm, yet we expect the players to be silent while pushing themselves so hard?

Do you go to the footy and expect the players to play in silence?

5 Likes

Yep. Iā€™m totally with you. If the commentators and fans are so bothered by it, then they should be as bothered by it when it comes from Nadal et al.

1 Like

Not so ā€¦ I am equally annoyed by the blokes doing it as well, particularly nads, and Iā€™ve said as much in this thread previously. The high pitch of the chicks does take it to another level though, all the same.

1 Like