The Tennis thread

This Greek boy has talent but not in the same league as Rafa and my boy Novak.

Ridiculously good first serve % from Tsitsipas; fear he may get a bagel in this set.

This is an absolute joy to watch.
Donā€™t think he can match Novak but who knows

1 Like

Huh? The ever annoying Nadal in a non contest.

You like watching that?

1 Like

Cmon break that prick.

Iā€™m a massive Rafa fan boi so yes itā€™s a joy to watch. He has his annoying traits I do admit but he does things on the court that you just think isnā€™t possible. Absolute freak

1 Like

Ok. Boring as hell for the rest of us not getting half chubbed though. :wink:

Fark Rafa and the horse he rode in on.

1 Like

Go Djoker is all that is left to sayā€¦

McEnroe straight up hitting on Rafa.

2 Likes

Osaka is still ā€œaliveā€ in the tournament and the Williamsā€™ arenā€™t. All is well.

4 Likes

Itā€™s very nice here.

We saw N Osaka represent Japan against Switzerland at the 2018 Hopman Cup and Iā€™ll
be honest in saying I thought Osaka could make the top 50, possibly even the top 30 one day. Her success since then has been very unexpected.

1 Like

Her ascension to the upper echelon of players has been a pleasure to watch. Would enjoy seeing her take out her second slam.

Agree with Diggers about Osaka. Though she could reach top 20 if she played a more controlled game. Predicting the future in sport is a tricky business

Even if just for the post-match on-court interview - sheā€™s hilarious in her honest and simplistic responses.

1 Like

Very sweet, humble & with a nice amount of Japanese quirkiness.

1 Like

Speaking of Japanese girls, we went to the Issey Miyake store in Maranouchi yesterday and I have to give credit to M Miyake as the girls he had working there were drop dead gorgeous.

1 Like

In the form heā€™s in, I expect him to dominate Djokovic.

1 Like

Rafaā€™s longest match of the tournament so far was against De Minaur. So De Minaurā€™s performance might be better than it looks.

1 Like