The Tennis thread

Reckon Parisians cant afford tickets.

1 Like

Like the Aus open itā€™s an international event.

Even more so in Europe where you can take a flight and be there in an hour.

Just reading up on the French crowds and apparently most of the tickets for this tournament are corporate seats and thatā€™s why crowds can be so inconsistent.

Just open it up to the public you morons.

1 Like

Europeans have a different concept of distance, and these days a lot of them have limited funds.

Not for soccer they donā€™t

What a shot to win the set

Apples and Oranges.
Soccer is very tribal and the lifeblood of most towns and cities.

2 Likes

Despite this, I reckon Iā€™ve still seen quite a few Serie A matches with few people in the crowd. Outside England and the well known European sides, I wouldnā€™t think attendance numbers would be crash hot.

I like The French Open and I also like Aceman but Iā€™m not sure I like some of his going early predictions.
Then again I like the fact he doesnā€™t sit on the fence when making early predictions.

I also like beer and Ash Barty winning tonight.

1 Like

God, French canā€™t stand Nadal haha.

Serie A numbers are down due to cost and the monopoly Juve have on the league. I love Juve but it needs other sides to be competitive and even win the league to get some passion back amongst fans. In most other European leagues I believe crowd figures are up on the whole

1 Like

Crucial break back for Rafa

Happens with monotonous regularity for Federer against Nadal - seems to always break back immediately.

Well, ā€¦ Thereā€™s nothing much worse in Tennis than watching ā€œRafaā€ play, ā€¦ except watching him play on Clay.

Painful exercise that is.

Game over

Rafa breaks after being 40-0 down

I get that his antics annoy plenty of people but watching him play is pure poetry. He does things out on court that Iā€™ve never seen done before. I could watch him all day on any surface

And there is the second set

Roger not playing badly, Rafa just playing godly.

Rafa passing him at will and has noticeably gone up a gear