The travel thread - elimination final

The new Swans fans were taught everything they know by the old Swan fans… the problem is the old Swan fans were clueless. 35 years and they still have no idea.

I lived in Sydney around the turn of the century and boy did they throw free tickets around (even more so when North Melbourne played home games there). I took that up once, it was a hopeless game, and it was the coldest I have ever been at the footy. Yes, including Casey, and this was a dry game during the day in a supposedly world-class stadium.

2 Likes

Fark, this time tomorrow il be preparing for the airport

1 Like

Are you sure you’ve got the right weekend …??? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

LOL

The hotel felt bad for me so I got upgraded to a king suite with a balcony and city views. But trust me I’m still outta pocket a extra 200ish. But win with the room. Il hold the afterparty up there if we get up

7 Likes

Airport better start preparing for you.

8 Likes

The constant yelling ‘ball’ is quite laughable in Q1. By q2 you’re ready to break someone.

Zero clue on the game, enjoyable when watching as a neutral supporter as you have a laugh. But considering how high strung I’m going to be on sat waiting for a drug comment or Essington to arrive, I will be in no mood for swans shenanigans.

I’m bay 47 row L, if anyone hears a swan quip about us being druggies and you see a six foot bloke about to snot him. It’s me.

6 Likes

I find that asking them if Buddy has driven into any parked cars lately whilst pinging off his head or if he has had any more time off for 3 strikes usually shuts up any drug talk

4 Likes

Not as satisfying as my knuckles. But I get you’re point.
Haven’t been to an Essendon game for two years while living overseas. Only just got back to Australia. Fkn pumped, ciggies and swannies will be smashed on sat Arvo.

9 Likes

Yep, catch me outside the pub punching darts and nervously rambling and muttering about the game

4 Likes

Do the quick run out and burn two at quarter time breaks.

I’ll have Mrs Scotty with me so my behavior will need to be semi socially acceptable. Will still tell most clueless Sydney pelicans to get utterly ■■■■■■.

1 Like

They have no real answer for the old “hey Buddy you’re old team has won two flags since you left, how many have you won here?”

I’m staying in the CBD, what is the best way to get to the ground?
Dumb question - but I haven’t been to Sydney before.

Closest train station is Central station, then walk to the ground. Can walk from the CBD to SCG also in probably 25-30 minutes. Personally I’d Uber or Taxi it

Uber it. Answer for most of these travel questions.

Currently I think walking, its a couple of kms and some nice exercise. Particularly as traffic is bad afterwards and everyone will be queuing for the same buses and taxis/ubers after the game.

The NSW gov is putting in trams/light rail at the moment to solve this very problem. I think they will be finished by late next year.

There will be buses running from central train station otherwise. Near the Elizabeth St exit.

As we run through the banner guys we need to let rip, We want a roar that makes the news, Our end will be a sea of red and black, let’s make em aware we want blood.

1 Like

Wow first night in Sydney with the gf and best mate and I think there is a real risk I won’t make it to Saturday. Every 2nd person up here seems to be from Melbourne. I think tactically I will be planning for a quiet night on Friday.

Does anyone know if kids will be allowed at the Woollarah Hotel for Sheedy’s address?

One hundred times this. When I mentioned to one this morning that we were enemies this week their comeback was that we only got close because of their poor kicking, and Buddy won’t miss that many again.

I said Buddy will be lucky to get up from under my front wheels, but they didn’t appreciate that.

4 Likes