The truth (about the history of Blitz)

Why!

2 Likes

I’ve been very dissolutioned since round 1. After the Adelaide win, the warning bells were going off. I spent all week arguing with people that i was very concerned by the performance against Adelaide. We had 10 minutes of brilliance that got us over the line. After that it has mostly been down hill.

How many loses to Melbourne and Carlton (or equivalent) every single year, before we pull our heads in as a club. The loss to Brisbane last year should have been the final straw. Typical lip service from the players that they’ll ‘learn from it’. But they never do!

While I’ve been pretty excited about the run of form, I’ve been outspoken about the fact that finals shouldn’t be the aim for 2018. Playing consistent football is the aim. We have done that since the Carlton loss.

In the end, the club needs to have a good hard look at itself. The fact we botched a whole season because the coaching personnel off the ground wasn’t working… that simply is not good enough. In fact it’s insipid.

Then people at the club are telling supporters that they shouldn’t expect results based on ‘who we are’ and ‘how big our club is’.

F*ck off out of the club. The EFC supporters are at their wits end, with the last 16 years of our history.

2018 has been a disaster. But we should not let it be for nothing.

6 Likes

At least we shouldn’t have the ridiculous short break against Melbourne next year. They may play Wednesday, us Thursday

List of personnel who know the plan, as dictated by John worsfold: You and me, Darling, obviously. Field Marshal Haig, Field Marshal Haig’s wife, all Field Marshal Haig’s wife’s friends, their families, their families’ servants, their families’ servants’ tennis partners, and some chap I bumped into in the mess the other day called Bernard.

10 Likes

blink

1 Like

2018 was ruined most viciously by Woosh’s looney tunes selection policy, the same was he ruined 2017 by waiting 7 rounds to bring in an on fire Jimmy Stewart

The woosh- myers love quadrangle has been the most damaging though, unbelievable how both men still have their jobs

Not much has gone right this year, cant even spell the team name right.
■■■■ Erynolds would be rolling in his grave.

22 Likes

5 Likes

Its not whether we know what it is…its whether they know what it is.

Damn, what late state Essington are we in when we hit Essednon?

8 Likes

It;s the stage just prior to Essennod.

1 Like

There is no set plan B. Plan B is not “throw reiwoldt to the midfield” or “send martin forward”, it’s about changing the way the game is heading. If the opposition kick 3-4 goals quickly, then your “plan B” would be to send a loose man to defense or play possession football to slow the game down or basically to stop doing what you are doing at the moment that is letting the opponent kick quick goals and reset.

Our issue early on was that worsfold wouldn’t do anything like that, except in round 3 he decided to make a move and send Hooker back when the game was gone, turns out we started a come back and made a game of it.

So yes, Richmond would have a “plan B”

1 Like

Ur a true fan

Colnel klink
Grandma poss
The goodies

Perhaps you mean disillusioned?

Dissolutioned perhaps if you are quitting the club and ending your relationship, which from reading your post could be a win on both sides.

Nah, just on the ride, belittle me if you like, this is the modern blitz way, but I believe normal footy ups and downs are magnified at Essendon as we carry a stack of baggage atm.

Dyslexia is everywhere. Yea!!!

So hows this truth going?

You know what was cool? Don the Sombrero a couple of years back. Quality banter

4 Likes

The truth won’t get you frees

6 Likes