The worst training report ever. 10/01/2018 Now with added afternoon report

Yes I couldn’t agree more, it’s been great to hear the views of several different people recently. It’s not until you’re there that you realise how difficult it is to follow everything, as they are often broken up into 4-6 different groups, so the more insights the better.

2 Likes

I’ve never been there, but I read the reports and think how the ■■■■ did they keep track of all of that? Surely you blokes must take a notepad or put some notes in your phone

2 Likes

I take some small notes on the phone, mainly who is in the modified etc. but it’s amazing how much you can remember without notes.

The main thing is I take really good binoculars along, as they are usually spread out across 2 different ovals it’s the only way to really see what’s going on and who’s doing what in the drills

1 Like

That’s the thing I noticed. I wanted to get as much in at once as possible, but with so much going on, you can’t.

It was a bit easier with match-play. Hope to go again Friday morning.

That’s a great call LB. He does have issue with this and needs to work on it.

This is why we need lots of people turning up to no access inside weights training sessions. You can only glean so much from one person’s vague impressions of not much at all.

So I bumped into Tbell and Hooker at breakfast in Port Melbourne with my mate. We asked the boys for another super-coach tip this year but not before giving them some flack about last years recommendation.

Last year they said Langford was the one to watch. We asked how he is going this year and they said he is a dud - now I am not sure if this was supercoach specific.

They said the triple S boys are all absolutely flying on the track.

10 Likes

Is there a thread yet to discuss the change from blue training tops to green? I was a bigger fan of blue.

It’s the off season, isn’t it.

1 Like

Blue tops were half price in bombershop. Was in 2XL or M. Looked good.

That’s a pretty poor reflection on the bloke, either way

Chinatown, specifically.
It’s pretty good.

1 Like

I’m sure it was tongue in cheek as if wasn’t that’s pretty poor from Hooker and Belly.

Just a bit of fun I’m sure.

1 Like

This thread is pretty juicy now considering it’s named ‘worst training report ever’.

1 Like

Pretty poor reflection on our players too tbh.

I’d certainly hope so.

The team would be in a pretty bad place if players were openly denigrating each other.

Players make a joke about someone’s fantasy stats and it’s a disgrace. Members come on here and spew abuse and negativity at players and it’s all just part of the “discussion”.

Is that right?

5 Likes

My favourite training drill would have to be the wheelbarrow manoeuvre from 2012.

Sadly, to my knowledge, Hurley never implemented it during a match.

I think that was during their druggy phase.

Need to get some tips from these guys:

3 Likes

What about the red, it’s alright. I’d like to a black version of that with the red sash.

Do you reckon they designed the sash with the spray can in MS Paint?