The Wrestling Thread

oh boy that would be so fkn funny

As great and as funny as that would be, it will never happen

Vince would never sell to the competition even if they paid more than the asking price, and there is no chance that he could ever not be the boss. His ego wouldn’t be able to handle it

But like when WCW was brought by Vince

WCW was a basketcase and Vince had a mole on the WCW side during negotiations who ensured that he got it for pennies on the dollar. He got it for a few million when it was worth 10 times that. Even full price wouldn’t have been a significant outlay.

WWE is currently worth 6-7 billion.

This is where I have to imagine that the likes of Amazon and Disney, would have to be considering this. The streaming wars is happening right now. Content is king

To be able to add WWE to Amazon Prime or Disney+ (Or they re-launch the WWE network streaming app and run it like Hulu or Comixology), then also claim all the merch & ticket sales ontop of that.

I just can’t imagine that the big streaming services wouldn’t be eyeing this off.

From Dave Meltzer

“On Friday, Paul “Triple H” Levesque held a meeting with the talent at SmackDown and he stated that he would remain the person in charge of creative. He noted that McMahon could make suggestions and he talks to several people about creative plans and they make suggestions as well but he (Triple H) would have the final say.

So far, Vince has not been seen backstage and it does not appear that things are totally back to where they were before Vince stepped down but there are people in the company who think things will revert back to that at some point.”

the only thing to keep vince out of wwe will be death, and even then it’s not certain

2 Likes

Oh well this is ■■■■ news

Yikes.

If you haven’t seen the Briscoes vs FTR matches from the past year, do yourself a favour.

1 Like

Unconfirmed at this stage but seems it was a car accident

FFS.

Fox Sports probably refers to all Aussie Rules players as AFL players.

The news was confirmed by the Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer, who said the accident took place at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday. Meltzer reported that ‘two children [were] hospitalized’ in the accident, and that his brother Mark Briscoe, 38, ‘was not in the car with him.’

According to an emergency log obtained by the wrestling outlet Ringside News, a woman in another vehicle died at the scene of the accident, and it was ‘believed that Jay Briscoe’s daughter was also in the wreck.’

Are we sure this isn’t an angle??

@Saucy, pls.

Apparently his wife and other family members have worked for this school district.

TBF, it’s always the first thing I think when I hear a wrestler died.

Believe that.

NJPW’s ludicrously delayed “second day” of Wrestle Kingdom started with an extended tribute to Jay Briscoe.

It wasn’t really a “second day”, as it was basically a NJPW vs NOAH show. Stupid branding, I say.

But that was appropriate, as the Briscoes held titles with both of them:

• IWGP Tag Team Championship
  • NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship (an unlikely combo with Toru Yano)
  • GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

Both of his daughters remain in hospital with back/spine issues (but improving, it seems).

The show also confirmed Keiji Muto’s last match will be against Naito on Feb 12 in the Tokyo Dome .

That’s distinct from his alter ego of The Great Muta, who today is finishing via the NOAH tag match with Sting and Darby Allin.

The tag match that devolved to an extended stiff out-of-ring brawl between the two top champions (Kazuchika Okada and Kaito Kiyomiya) was :100: – the match was deemed a double-DQ, with the crowd and more unusually Okada… losing their composure.

They will sell all of the ticket for the resulting match.