The Wrestling Thread

WHAT

Lol talk up rushing it. A guy has a history of neck injuries, first match back let’s put him in a TLC match.

Will be awesome to see him in the ring again though

AJ/Finn’s got me thinking about subscribing again

…and I’m not alone? Hahhaha

Since I don’t watch RAW and (unless I missed it) they never explained it in their four hours of show… why/how, in a show run by a face, did a 5 heels vs 3 faces match come into existence?

Angle was a good fill-in for Reigns: took an extended break mid-match, and got universally booed in the setup to the triple powerbomb. Otherwise, the crowd actually liked him :wink:

Meanwhile, WWE be trollin’ Young Bucks hard right now. “We don’t need guys running around doing Too Sweets”… but we’ll do it anyway. Why? Because fark you, that’s why.

Styles and Balor was pretty good. The TLC match was pretty meh, having angle wear the shield gear was soooo dumb

Booker T has taken over from Vince as the worst commentator in the companies history

Emma has been released from WWE

That’s why they gave her such a competitive final match against Asuka?

Apart from getting Reigns to Wrestlemania, WWE booking has the memory and forethought of a goldfish.

It make little sense.

She’s Garunteed to dominate the indie scene. Just needs to work on developing a new character, then she’ll be back imo.

And now Asuka’s only match and victory on raw will be against someone they won’t name.

I was so happy that Emma finally was getting a PPV match. She isn’t the best wrestler at the moment but she was improving & her match against Asuka was pretty good. I’m shocked to hear that.

also released Darren Young and Summer Rae… Honestly, I didn’t even know Young was still on the roster.

One thing that has annoyed me about WWE the last few years is the decision to not use the intercontinental and US titles as a mid-card title opportunity.

The last few years they have used these titles as a way to keep the former WWE or Universal champion relevant after they lost the title. Ie. Reigns, Owens, Styles, Ambrose, Cena…

The only midcard championships available now is the Cruiserweight. Even the tag team titles aren’t an option now, with Rollins and Ambrose, Shamus and cesaro, new day.

I’d like the us and IC title to be more of an opportunity for lower card guys.

There was nothing wrong with the “Dark Emma” character (and music).

DJR are you also tempted to rename the Francis thread to “the big red machine”?

You know how the last few years have been all bizarro world when it comes to people appearing in unlikely places?

2018 says “hold my beer”.

(Meanwhile, TNA just had a pretty self-destructive Bound For Glory PPV.)

@theDJR Are you seeing Okada tonight?

Fark off for reminding me. At Oils in Sydney.

When they announced it I was going nuts with joy AND swearing my head off.