The Wrestling Thread

Is that really the best match they could find for Braun?

And seems hard to build up Mania when Lesnar/Taker aren’t there.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes*

Please don’t cripple yourself

I’ve lost interest in WWE since Dean Ambrose went down.

I’ve flicked it on and off the last little while since the Royal Rumble.

I was seriously p*ssed about Reigns getting the title shot.

but the fact he is just laying the truth out there, about how annoyed everyone is about Lesnar. It works so well. I’ve noticed a few other title holders have been saying they shouldn’t have to defend titles because Lesnar defends his every 3-4 months.

Reigns even shut down Heyman. Unthinkable really.

People still (mildly) popped for Lesnar running back to beat up the handcuffed Reigns, multiple times… also LOL at the “you deserved it” chant as he was being strapped to the gurney.

Meanwhile, @efc1robbo was trying to say this:

1 Like

I know it’s not a fair comparison but having it one day separate from the Daniel Bryan beatdown really made it obvious what crowd response Reigns did not get.

They mostly sat on their hands.

There’s becoming less boos for Reigns and less pops for Lesnar.
It’s fair to say people are sick of Lesnar.

The intercontinental title is literally the no. 1 title on Raw atm. The Mizz has held it for pretty much the last 12 months.

So there has been no title changes in singles competition. 1 title doesn’t show up. 1 title has been held by literally one person.

Not surprising that WWE has been pretty boring.

The sooner the title is of Miz the better, The Miz doesn’t need the title anymore to stay relevant and I’d like to see different guys win it. A long program with Rollins vs Balor for the belt could be awesome. Having amazing matches for the belt without screwy finishes I feel does more for the belt anyway

I’m no Mizz fan, but he is the best villain in the WWE by a long way.

Any Heal that gets cheered, needs to get sent back down NXT.

You have one job, be hated and put your opponent over. All the heals these days are trying to act cool. The Mizz does it right.

The thing is Miz has started to get more cheers haha

With Bryan back it’s only a matter of time until they both fued and it should be a crazy fued although they will get Brie and Maryse involved somehow

Hopefully they somehow get closure at the obvious Wrestlemania match, because Miz vs Bryan needs to start already… can’t wait for the Beard vs Moveset blow-off match.

Miz won’t be getting cheers there, I guarantee!

I reckon there always a time where the heal gets so good at being the bad guy, you can’t help but love them. It becomes a transition to them being the best face in the company.
The Rock, New Day, Stone Cold… I’m sure there is heaps of examples.

1 Like

(damn, slow clap in image is not showing)

Damnit, I forgot that COWARD is going on paternity leave after Wrestlemania.

3 way of: Bryan vs Lesnar vs Reigns for the title please.

I know, I’m dreaming.

It’ll be DB vs Shane O’Mac vs Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens.

Gees Bryan looked unbelievable in that short brawl.

Those Drop kicks were lethal. And that German suplex on Zayn… wow

That 30sec of offence from Bryan got more of a crowd reaction than reigns has had for the past 12 months

That crowd pop was just amazing. I’m so happy that Bryan is back.

I wish he has a singles match at WM but it looks like it’ll be that tag.

Bryan vs Reigns next year? Crowd fave vs corporate fave?

1 Like

Ha, half the people forgot how to react to Miz’s first kick in the Mixed Match Series that followed immediately after they took Bryan out on a stretcher.

By the second kick it was a NO chant.

Despite the endless forced reminders that AweSka must not lose (which is dumb, because Asuka has lost multi-person matches since joining WWE), and the inability of many to pronounce AweSka, it’s a fun series.

For those in the know, if I could only attend one of the upcoming MCW shows in April would it be the Progress X MCW on Friday or the MCW Ballroom Brawl on Saturday?

Never been to one of their shows so I have no idea.