The Wrestling Thread

It’s just so sad and pathetic and needy. Sure, Reigns is making money for himself but there could be so much more for him and for RAW spinning its upper-card wheels.

(Very drab show. I popped for the double nutshot but not what came out of it. Miz and Carmella on the following Talking Smack was the best bit. Mella is Money.)

Seth/Miz was great. AJ/Nak was good except the non finish. I didn’t really watch the rest and that was for the best turns out. People saying worst PPV in years?

It felt very inconsequential. Watch the curtain jerkers (Seth/Miz) and the closers (Talking Smack), save a couple hours by ignoring the rest.

Poor booking by Vince and co. Another non finish for the WWE title (which couldn’t end the show) so Reigns it is

Due to that (and apparently Newarks public transport system is terrible) but a shitton of people left during the Reigns match. There is footage on wrestlezone.com

It was the worst one I have seen in a while. There is no point watching it if you haven’t already.

Worst PPV ever is still the ECW December to dismember when they did the whole WWE/ECW revamp

It was just another episode. Meh matches with no consequences.

That being said, the Elias segment was 1000x better than it had any right to be, and Miz on the post-show was great as is tradition.

Yeah, the Elias segment should have been awful cringey rubbish, but somehow those involved had just enough charisma to rescue it.

The crowd can take most of the credit for making it work

Elias is one of the only entertaining parts about WWE. The guy has star written all over him

1 Like

And yet gets beaten in every single match and gets beaten up at every opportunity.

I honestly believe Vince has forgotten how to spot a star.

Weird because he was undervalued at NXT (I always liked him) and got a big push out of no where on the main roster. But the roster is too stacked to have him do anything of interest. I mean they can’t even find something for Braun to do and he’s massively over.

Well he could have the universal title… who the f*ck knows where that is though.

Can Strowman start fighting for the greatest royal rumble belt? It will eclipse the Universl title in 1 paperview.

With what the Mizz has done with the Intercontinental title, and now Rollins has it. It’s a more prestigious belt, which is actually defended regularly.

Am I the only one who gets the feeling that they are just keeping the belt on Brock so he can beat CM Punks record and then will drop it soon after. Surely he has only got to keep it for a few more months to break the record

2 Likes

WWE being petty with records? Noooooooo.

Yes. They’ve done it a stack of times in recent years.

1 Like

It is a sad indictment of where WWE is right now that the best moment to have happened recently is Titus tripping over on the way to the ring.

Hutchy (on his podcast) basically confirmed WWE event at the MCG, Saturday after the grand final.

Not sure how that would work, would’ve thought they’d do a Thursday/Friday show unless they shoot RAW in Australia as well

@scotty21 making it all about himself: next show he gets a personalised insult from Carlo Cannon.

1 Like

Had Silva and Broosky all up in my face at one ot the early dragonfly shows