The "You know society is stuffed when...." thread

I hate caravaners also. Wouldn’t mind if they had consideration for others on the road and let people pass them safely.

Abhorrent is a pretty strong word for cheating. I’ve never cheated and never will. It’s definitely a hurtful act and a betrayl of trust. But to call it abhorrent is way over the top.

Ashley Madison is the female version, bg.

Nah, there’s a version for women who want to root others, not the hubby.

The thing you describe is Ashley Madison. I’m pretty sure.

There’s guys who are looked up to as holy and moral guides for the population who knowingly covered up paedophilia. And constituents who seem OK with that. Any way you cut it, that’s pretty ■■■■■■.

It sure is.

Ashley Madison is the female version, bg.

Nah, there’s a version for women who want to root others, not the hubby.

The thing you describe is Ashley Madison. I’m pretty sure.

Obviously need a better ad campaign.

Pretty sure Ashley Madison covers both sexes, otherwise it would be a completely different selling proposition if it only covered one…

Pretty sure Ashley Madison covers both sexes, otherwise it would be a completely different selling proposition if it only covered one...
Well, yes, I thought the website for men is called something else and it all goes into the same database.
you know society is stuffed when people whinge about inane articles about inane complaints about inane advertisements.

or maybe none of that says anything about society at all and some people like try and whinge their point across.

The point about people resorting to mockery of people who have different perspectives on the world is a good one though. Damn those people. Seriously, anyone who can’t handle a different viewpoint to their own. Damn em to hell.

You know society is going to hell in a hand basket, when capital letters become optional. :wink:

There's guys who are looked up to as holy and moral guides for the population who knowingly covered up paedophilia. And constituents who seem OK with that. Any way you cut it, that's pretty ■■■■■■.
And every time they front up to a commission they express shock that this stuff happened. Yeah maybe express shock during the first comission but by the time you've fronted up to your 5th interview pretending you had no idea prior to this very moment is... abhorrent.
I'd think society is in a pretty good place when your list of concerns and complaints includes a friggin TV commercial.

People used to complain about being eaten by wolves, or about hordes of previously unknown nomadic warriors riding over the hill and killing everybody in sight.

■■■■■■ caravanners.
I'd think society is in a pretty good place when your list of concerns and complaints includes a friggin TV commercial.

People used to complain about being eaten by wolves, or about hordes of previously unknown nomadic warriors riding over the hill and killing everybody in sight.

■■■■■■ caravanners.

Ha.

I’d like to pretend that I meant I meant that…

you know society is stuffed when people whinge about inane articles about inane complaints about inane advertisements.

or maybe none of that says anything about society at all and some people like try and whinge their point across.

The point about people resorting to mockery of people who have different perspectives on the world is a good one though. Damn those people. Seriously, anyone who can’t handle a different viewpoint to their own. Damn em to hell.

You know society is going to hell in a hand basket, when capital letters become optional. :wink:

i can’t make grammatical sense of this punctuation on the end here.

There's guys who are looked up to as holy and moral guides for the population who knowingly covered up paedophilia. And constituents who seem OK with that. Any way you cut it, that's pretty ■■■■■■.
And every time they front up to a commission they express shock that this stuff happened. Yeah maybe express shock during the first comission but by the time you've fronted up to your 5th interview pretending you had no idea prior to this very moment is... abhorrent.

I think it’s the kind of behavior that follows from being able to believe everyone who disagrees with you should have their soul tortured for eternity but you can do anything you want as long as you believe the right thing and apologise for any rules you break.

Still could be worse, they could be mocking of different opinions

I think it’s the kind of behavior that follows from being able to believe everyone who disagrees with you should have their soul tortured for eternity but you can do anything you want as long as you believe the right thing and apologise for any rules you break.

True. That is absolutely abhorrent.

True. That is absolutely abhorrent.

If you don’t abhor that then what do you abhor? Some times I wonder if some people truly abhor anything.

Apparently I don’t abhor torture because I’m comparatively sexually amoral.
Seems a little harsh.

Edit: I guess I should point out that I abhor torture for any reason, not just the bad ones. But sexually amoral? Oooooooh.

Apparently I don't abhor torture because I'm comparatively sexually amoral. Seems a little harsh.

Edit: I guess I should point out that I abhor torture for any reason, not just the bad ones. But sexually amoral? Oooooooh.

careful you’re straying towards mockery of people’s opinion of you.

Hey, which one of you bozo’s left your unicycle in the hallway ?

When people are more offended by an ad about caravans than about treatment of refugees, or the crucifixion of education, healthcare, science etc, you know the society is truly stuffed.

It’s not illegal for people to report sexual or physical abuse (of adults or minors) in detention centres.
That’s terrific, isn’t it? Really great. Wonderful.

Possible 2 years in jail if you rat on someone for touching a kiddie in an Australia Government funded and run facility! What times we live in.

And both major parties voted for this, because if you don’t, the terrorists/people smugglers will win! Security!