These are the scratch matches we had to have!

he was the carry over emergency

2 Likes

Good to see Gown back playing.

Wonder how far away he is from a senior call up?

So possibly close this week I guess then.

Before his injury he was only getting a few possies in the VFL. Long way to go yet, can’t imagine him getting a game this year.

North can’t even afford enough to scratch match players!

Nick Bryan and Henry Crauford

“It was a weird one for Bryan and Crauford. It’s the first time this year where we’ve had more players than the opposition and had to share a little bit. They were so open to it, and took turns in playing for the opposition, so they played on each other as forwards and backs and swapped teams each quarter. You’d imagine it’d be a pretty tough thing to do, but they took it in their stride, didn’t complain and got great experience playing in positions they wouldn’t normally play.”

3 Likes

North had 13 players. So this made it 14 vs 14. They sat out three in the second half, we sat out at least Draper as well.

Haha that’s why I didn’t spot them as they were pseudo roos!
Are the matches closed to the public? The oval they were playing on looked like Southport Sharks training oval. Pretty scratchy, almost dusty and I noticed Mozzie and others fumbling on it. Also now the players have moved to Pines resort what changes for them in terms of training, scratch matches etc.?

Doesn’t seem likely. The edges have been shown to be water-logged, sometime with big puddles.

Maybe the middle of the ground seemed more dodgier than the edges. I guess the ground is below the quality of our VFL grounds but hey you get that in a pandemic and thank fark we get to talk about Bombers still!

Anyone get anything from the latest scratch match against Doggies. Stewart was more of a presence, Draper was competing well and took a nice mark or two, Gown did some clunking and Begley was believe it or not linking play and kicking a goal or two. Thoughts, observations on what scratchings we can bring in to help our dysfunctional midfield and forward line?

1 Like

Clarke doesn’t look at the footy like he’s never seen one,just before the kicks it.

Begley looks like he’s running very powerfully but really, it’s impossible to get good idea of anything from these brief clips. No stats and not proper games in any event.

2 Likes

Had to combine with Richmond and Melbourne to take on the Blues… these are odd timez

1 Like

Cutler played. So that leaves Matt Guelfi, Dylan Clarke, and James Stewart as possible travelling emergencies.

3 Likes

Whoa, we combined players with Rich and Melb! Do you know who actually played apart from Cutler? Anything else to report from the game?

1 Like

Sounds like the weirdest game ever. Fascinated to learn more about it…

Lol,… all this reminds me of playing 4ths in Invy.

We had so many crew, we had to make 2 Invy 4ths sides, … but even then kids would miss out, and other Teams sometimes had a lack of numbers, so we’d “lend” some of them to play in the other side.

Amazing when I think we were a Town of less than 1200 at the time.

2 Likes

i recall back in the 90’s Essendon were playing a practice match at the Cross Keys hotel oval. At 3/4 time Kevin Sheedy wanted to rest some players so he asked if any of the people at the 3/4 time huddle would like to play. A number of of people put up their hands, took the jumpers of the players and played out the game. True story

17 Likes

Four Melbourne AFL reserves teams playing one game of football together somewhere far away from Melbourne in a location more conducive to standing on a surfboard or lying on a towel… I’m starting to feel even more COVID CRAZY in this surreal new world we’re trying to live in.

1 Like